the Rift

[OPEN] eloviĝo [hatching]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Balenokorn, comes the correction, throaty and apprehensive, but not aggressive, despite clearly displayed warning sign. Wessex maintains most of her distance, taking only a few steps forward, flicking her ears forward to better hear the spiney mare’s words. A wide smile of delight (the same she reserves for Nimue) spreads as the newborn tries to greet her. Of course, she does not blame the other for being protective of her companion. It seems like it must be almost instinctual - like protecting a child (which she has neither desire or urge to do).

Then a third joins them, a multi-colored pegasus possessing all the exuberance and joy a free-flying boy can seem to muster. Initially, she finds him a tad annoying. Like, geeze, buddy. Chill. Can’t he read a situation? When his babbling begins, however, the horned mare must allow him a little leeway - clearly he is still in that unobservant child phase. It allows her to take another couple of steps forward. Even though the boy has essentially monopolized the situation, she can still introduce herself. Plodding through the sand (ugh, always sand, she truly despises the granules and the way they manage to get into everything), she approaches with a wide berth, on the side of Aquila that is farthest from her balenokorn. Toeing the edge of the surf, the horned mare pauses at what she deems a ‘safe’ distance in order to continue to be non-threatening.

“I’m Wessex,” she says by way of introduction. “Our leader, Tiamat, has a whale companion too. No balenokorn, but a black and white one... If Craonos ever wants a friend…” Her powerful shoulders shrug, as she looks from scaled mare to winged boy and back again.

Looks like she’s the only one here without a prospective companion. Surprised at this revelation, Wessex hadn't realize she wanted one until she is faced with being empty-handed head on.  

W E S S E X

image credit

@Aquila  
@Iskra
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
eloviĝo [hatching] - by Aquila - 02-26-2017, 04:16 PM
RE: eloviĝo [hatching] - by Wessex - 02-27-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: eloviĝo [hatching] - by Iskra - 03-08-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: eloviĝo [hatching] - by Aquila - 03-26-2017, 10:47 AM
RE: eloviĝo [hatching] - by Wessex - 04-03-2017, 10:33 AM