the Rift

[OPEN] new rules

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

Despite my lack of interest in her, the mare seems genial enough for the both of us; warming towards her for her display of gentle patience, Duir admires the color of her gold feathers in the colorful display of the tunnel’s light, while I look back over at her with what could best be called patient irritation. I’d certainly hoped she’d go away, or at least lose interest, as it was quite apparent I was not in the best of moods. However, some folk are persistent, I have discovered, and, having been raised by diplomats, the obligation to partake in conversation, even if I’d rather just kill them, takes me.

It doesn’t mean, of course, that it does much to change my mood, the lack luster smiles that accompany it, or give any sort of eloquence to my words. Preparing a very simple, one word answer (can you guess what it is?) when Tiamat appears, I’m, of course, immediately distracted.

Her chiding actually manages to make my ears fall back, my eyes guiltily widening.

" I didn’t mean – I – you startled me!" I rebuke, quite flustered that I’ve upset her, until she smiles, revealing her perturbation as a ruse. Frowning in response to that, I fall silent, only managing to remain glum, and disinterested, for as long as it takes Tiamat to start explaining how she has become a mermaid.

I can imagine, I think, when she says it’ll take some getting used to, glancing over at Duir and Nimue with a bit of a genuine smile, when my buck’s happiness to have his friend reciprocate his gesture floods our bond. Looking back up to nod at Tiamat when she says she’ll be back, I awkwardly look over at the pegasus.

"So, Yael, yeah?" I begin, trying to fill in the awkward wait for Tiamat as best as I can, "I’m Rikyn, as I’m sure you heard Tiamat say. How do you know her?"

Maybe I should include “if it’s not too much to ask,” but I don’t give a shit.

Breathing a sigh of relief as Tiamat chimes hello, I do my best to smile for her, too, but find it difficult to get a real one out, considering my melancholy. Regardless, I am happy to see the sea-mare, like I always am. Remembering she’d asked a question I hadn’t answered, I greet her with my muzzle, hoping to exchange breath (and not make Yael feel awkward with any sort of hug or otherwise embracing gesture), I wait for the pegasus to say hello, too, before I start speaking.

" I personally am down here investigating the reef," I state, my next words meant to be more humorous than they wind up sounding, " perhaps a task better suited to you, it seems."

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
new rules - by Rikyn - 02-17-2017, 11:05 AM
RE: new rules - by Yael - 02-19-2017, 07:01 PM
RE: new rules - by Tiamat - 02-20-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: new rules - by Rikyn - 02-22-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: new rules - by Yael - 02-25-2017, 10:30 PM
RE: new rules - by Tiamat - 02-28-2017, 12:35 AM
RE: new rules - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: new rules - by Yael - 03-08-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: new rules - by Tiamat - 03-21-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: new rules - by Rikyn - 03-28-2017, 10:04 AM