the Rift

[OPEN] new rules

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

Lifting my ears, struggling against the faint, oceanic echo and roar of the tunnel, and the fact of Yael’s accent, it takes me a little bit longer to piece together what she says, to formulate a response. Smiling in the interim, feeling like a moron, but not about to admit it, I blink slowly before it all comes together.

"I guess the Basin, really," I answer, after thinking about it, wondering just when I’d met Tiamat, after all, and recalling a patrol, in the Veins; Zandora had also been there. How long had it been since I’d thought of her? I wonder, also remembering, distinctly, how the blue mare had looked dancing towards me, the sun highlighting her oceanic figure, where it’s rays broke through the tall, strange trees that stood in memoriam to those who had died in the Moon’s murderous movement across Helovia. "I met her at the Shrines, though, on a patrol, but she had them to her back. I think… well, it looked like she was praying to the sea, instead."

She’d actually been talking to who she believed to be her parents – the sea, and the sky – but how could I know that? I simply recall coming upon her, and that she had looked away from her far-gazing, and had gracefully walked into my life.

As if summoned by the thought, Tiamat returns, the sound of her again-hooves singing out on the glass as she approaches. Duir happily prances forward to meet with Nimue, laughter alive in his eyes, the buck delighted for his friend that she could share her world with the one she shared her soul with. If only he could make his foolish unicorn view the forest, as he did, he’d tell her, if he could, but instead happily noses the air in hope to nudge and nuzzle his leviathan friend.

Shalom, says Yael, and I key in on the foreign word, and try to remember it, adding it to my repertoire, while Tiamat repeats it, earning a smile from me as we part from our greeting. Sure, it’s only a single term, but, if the golden mare’s accent is any clue, she knows more than just one. With Mordecai having meandered off to wherever she’s gone, maybe I could learn whatever language this lady knows, while waiting for my Dothraki tutor to reappear from the shadows. Even if she never returned (the thought oddly colored with… sadness?), the magpie had plainly told me there were many who spoke the tongue about Helovia to be found.

I nod in reply to Yael’s question, looking out into the sea, at least until Tiamat’s sorrowful repetition of the God’s name earns my eyes back. Sympathy, rarely won from the likes of me, is a sudden feeling ushered in by the sight of her tears.

I had merely been slightly shaken by the rebirth of the Rift Gods, and angered. She, however, seemed to have been wounded within, rather than without, and seeing such sorrow on the face of someone like her, always smiling, always warm, makes something within my hard heart rebel.

"Helovia has already united and killed him once, Tiamat," I reassure her, lowering my head, and angling my nose towards her slightly, "and we are all stronger now than we were the first time. We know more, too."

Well, a little more than we did, and there were whispers of Gaucho having died, after all, as well as the truth that Deimos and my father very well had. Still, Erebos and I had trained, and Volterra, the last I had seen him, looked like he could have blown straight through any of those heinous beasts who called themselves Divine, if he just had a little time to build up momentum.

Youth helps a lot more than these truths in deciding that everything will be fine.

"There’s probably not much left now," I say, sighing, "but it is where he claims to have come from. It is also where he led us, the first time."

I pause, my brows furrowing, my eyes looking back out into the sway and depth of the Endless Blue.

"But why?" I ask the glass, my reflection, the fish, because I don’t expect the mares to know, not really (it would be nice if they did, though), "we did nothing but swim, and tell the fish of…"

My eyes widen, and with a sudden flurry of motion I don’t take the time to explain, I move out of the tunnel, out towards the world above, having come to a sudden conclusion.

"Come on, ladies," I tell them with a grin, "I think I’ve figured something out. Let’s go tell the Spark’s big rock about it, yeah?"

[ OOC: So I fer real had a BRAIN BLAST! Would you care to relocate to the Veins and see about whether or not I am clever? Cause I am tagging you both anyway. ;D ]

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
new rules - by Rikyn - 02-17-2017, 11:05 AM
RE: new rules - by Yael - 02-19-2017, 07:01 PM
RE: new rules - by Tiamat - 02-20-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: new rules - by Rikyn - 02-22-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: new rules - by Yael - 02-25-2017, 10:30 PM
RE: new rules - by Tiamat - 02-28-2017, 12:35 AM
RE: new rules - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: new rules - by Yael - 03-08-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: new rules - by Tiamat - 03-21-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: new rules - by Rikyn - 03-28-2017, 10:04 AM