the Rift

Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey]

Revenant Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

REVENANT
i'm waking up i feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems grow

The Goddess of the Moon had granted him with a troubling encounter – one that worried him beneath his solemnity but he hid it. He pushed traces of it deep down and joined Ophelia in silence. It was in silence he walked with her too, daring not shudder at the cold though it nipped at his flesh. His pitiful winter coat did little to quell the biting winds from chilling him but he was not privy to showing weakness. He wasn’t accustomed to showing anything at all… and how was he to forge a bond in likeness of that of a chain if he couldn’t grace another being with his intimate thoughts? ’Improbable.’ he exhaled a resigned sigh… and he expected that had been enough to hint at his melancholy. That, or Ophelia was unusually perceptive?

He wasn’t a pantomime display after all.

”Unusual,” He rumbled, ”It isn’t often a socialite is content with listening.” Revenant listened for he didn’t converse often. It was difficult to uphold a conversation when he added little to it – a short remark here, a clipped curt answer there. Most didn’t pry or soon gave up their rouse once it dawned on them that he was quite impenetrable – that he hadn’t mastered the art of talking a lot but revealing nothing dire.

”Perhaps you haven’t noticed? I don’t chat with ease…” ’And certainly cannot retell a horror story.’ It wasn’t spoken in an affronted manner, more a statement if anything, and as a simple observation of himself to share if she hadn’t already noticed. Though he expected she did notice… and she just ignored it: thinking him an enigma, wanting to solve him when he wasn’t even sure who he was or what he was truly capable of. The ancient sadness’s he bore were like shackles… and they inhibited him. Worse yet, he let them. The arrival of the other mare was a grand distraction from the mess he’d gotten himself into – the quest, the band, and the pretty white leader. He acknowledged her greeting with a dip of his head in concurrence even though he didn’t much like winter. ”Revenant.”

”Ophelia…” He muttered, ”I will fill whatever position you deem suitable for me. I will be capable.” ’I will attempt to fulfill my duties to the Grey and also the Goddess of the Moon, that clever shrew.’ Silently, he amended.

But not yet – he wasn’t sure if he could trust them.

He wasn’t sure he could let them in without risking the destruction of his heart and his soul.

Messages In This Thread
Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Ophelia - 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Tor - 10-29-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Revenant - 10-29-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Ktulu - 10-29-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Rafe - 10-30-2012, 11:41 AM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Avira - 11-03-2012, 06:02 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Crow - 11-04-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Zeki - 11-12-2012, 04:46 AM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Tor - 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Ktulu - 11-20-2012, 08:35 AM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Avira - 11-22-2012, 09:17 PM