the Rift

Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Being called a "socialite" was a bit of an insult as she was one of the least social creatures, preferring to observe first and speak later. But only a small twitch of her whiskered muzzle betrayed her irritation, and she caste a sideways glance and her travelling partner. "I am an observer, not a speaker," she replied softly. "And I am not... large crowds and social gatherings are unsettling." A small smile worked on her lips as he said that he did not chat with ease, and she understood. Most of the conversation she struck with others had to do with her conversation partner; she rarely let others know about herself. Phi held many secrets, secrets that only her sister and now Tor were aware of, and she smiled at the grey and white mare with warmth and kindess. "Tor!" she replied back. She gave Revenant and Tor time to introduce themselves. Phi then turned back to Revenant and gently gazed into his unique, frosted eyes. "Talking may be difficult, but if you need someone to listen, I will be ready."

Many more arrived then, and her soul filled with pride and joy at seeing the number of new faces that gathered before herself and her sister, pledging themselves to different facets of their small band. A pegasus spoke, introducing herself, and Phi smiled warmly back. "Greetings to you, Avira," she replied. "Do you know what you wish to do with the Grey?" she asked curiously, knowing that such decisions often warranted a lengthy time to think. Two others did not speak; a stallion and a blue roan mare. She glanced at them curiously as well, wondering where they had come from. The blue roan mare seemed to know the bay stallion who was brusque and cold to the point that it made Phi nervous.

The last face she expected to appear from behind the trees suddenly apparated, and Phi was caught off guard, her expression shifting to surprise, pleasure and pain all at once before she schooled them to her usual softness. Osiris and Comadre. Tinek perked forward from his resting place on her neck and trilled back at the black dragon, excited again to see one of his kind, and Ophelia grinned at Comadre as well. "Hello Comadre!" she called. "How are you? Have you been taking care of Osiris?" She asked this with a small smirk at the wolf, remembering his reluctance to take care of his own injured paw months ago. A grey pegasus had also distracted him from caring for his own wounds, but she had made sure to keep her folly a secret. Why was he here? Why was he not with the grey? Carefully, she narrowed her two colored eyes, searching his predatory golden ones with a gently curiosity. Those golden orbs remained a mystery.

"The cause of the Grey is to provide balance," she replied to Osiris, her chime-like tones taking on a more subtle seriousness. "Too many align themselves with the light and the dark with such fervor when the reality of the world is trapped in the middle, in the grey. We provide help to those who cannot help themselves for small payments to aide the bands' survival. My sister, Ktulu, leads the mercenaries and warriors, and I provide structure for the knowledge seekers and healers." What would he think of her being a spy? She truly should not care, but even with her own embarrassment in thinking that they could have been something more, he was still a friend; Phi cared about her friends and their opinions. "We would welcome you, if you wish to join, Osiris," she said, extending the invitation. Still, the question that nagged at the fringes of her consciousness was 'what about the grey pegasus'?

Another approached with a certain familiarity. He was from the Tides, and a wave of memories washed to the forefront of her mind. So many new faces and among this crowd, one that reminded her of the darkness of her old home. "Zeki, yes?" Ophelia asked, making note of his coloration. The colt was the son of Zar'roc, but she did not know his dam; his sire was often ill aligned with her father, and she clearly remembered the attack on the Tides as if it were yesterday. "Did you see any more survivors from the Tides?" she asked, a hopefulness in her voice that could not be quelled by the reality of the truth. Those who had not arrived to Helovia yet were dead, their bodies scatter and unburied across a land overrun by demons and shadows. "Welcome to the Grey."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Ophelia - 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Tor - 10-29-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Revenant - 10-29-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Ktulu - 10-29-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Rafe - 10-30-2012, 11:41 AM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Avira - 11-03-2012, 06:02 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Crow - 11-04-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Zeki - 11-12-2012, 04:46 AM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Ophelia - 11-12-2012, 02:32 PM
RE: Welcome to the Grey [Rev/Tor/Grey] - by Tor - 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM