the Rift

[PRIVATE] Mercy

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Hope the wound heals but it never does, that's cause I'm at war with love
Never let a wound ruin me, but I feel like ruin's wooing me
He buckled beneath her, but it wasn't out of obedience, it was to fortify himself for her storm. The way he snatched up the egg and buried it back into the folds of his body was proof of that, and it infuriated her. The edges of her lips were tight with disapproval, and her eyes, shed of their electric light, were like cold, metal daggers as she laid them upon him. Why were he children always so rebellious in this? Why couldn't she even get her own flesh and blood to understand the value of a life and its deserved freedom?

Ampere's anger threatened to choke into a sob, overwhelmed with her failure in this endless, uphill fight.

“It's a companion egg," she said after a moment of staring him down, her heart breaking, mind racing, soul aching. Kygo, awoken by all this emotional ruckus, smartly remained away. “It belongs where you found it. It carried a precious life inside, one that no child is equipped to handle, and one that should never be owned by anyone."

She could see a response forming on his lips, some attempt at replying, at reasoning, at justifying his actions. I saved it! she was sure would be one of them, for how many times had she already heard it before? Everyone was such a damn fucking altruist when it came to newborn companions, weren't they?

“It will bond to you, not matter what you or its wants - such is the devil's deal of the gods. How is that fair for this creature that knows nothing of the world? Why can its loyalty not be earned with friendship and love instead of with eternal soul bonding?"

Her voice held a thin veil of calm, but her posture remained tense, her eyes still harrowingly sharp. She would teach him if he asked, but she demanded that he learn.

Ampere

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Mercy - by Iskra - 02-22-2017, 01:41 AM
RE: Mercy - by Ampere - 02-22-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: Mercy - by Iskra - 02-25-2017, 09:02 PM
RE: Mercy - by Ampere - 02-25-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: Mercy - by Iskra - 02-25-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Mercy - by Ampere - 02-25-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: Mercy - by Iskra - 02-25-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Mercy - by Ampere - 02-25-2017, 10:09 PM
RE: Mercy - by Iskra - 02-25-2017, 10:27 PM
RE: Mercy - by Ampere - 04-02-2017, 02:28 PM
RE: Mercy - by Iskra - 04-09-2017, 12:19 AM