the Rift

[OPEN] What lies on the island [joining?]

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
She is grateful to Thea for showing the boy kindness. It is not that Syrena doesn’t want to, or means to be anything but nice. She simply fails when it comes to social graces. Too much of her life was spent alone to know just what to do in such basic, daily interactions. And in truth, too much sorrow and bitterness cling to her heart for kindness and joy to breakthrough. Deadpan and uncaring is the best she can manage, and it is better than the alternative.

“Sea lion, I think,” she says, answering Pat’s question for Thea. It would be easier when the creature could tell her just what exactly she is at the moment, but something like agreement seems to pass through their bond so Syrena figures she’s probably right. Thea is also pleased that Patrick is paying so much attention to her, and she makes something of a barking sound in agreement, attempting to answer in her own way. Syrena isn’t sure if Thea understands the boys words, so much as Syrena’s emotions and reason for the question. But either way, it seems to work.

She does not like Pat’s answer about the keys, though she doesn’t show it. Volterra’s answer is a little more acceptable, that she’d soon be given a key so she could come and go as she pleased. She simply nods in response, okay with that answer. She can wait a bit for her key, but the idea of trailing along behind others like a dog for the rest of her life was simply something she could not stomach.

Pat’s words catch her attention, back to the topic of Thea, and she listens to his logic. It’s not much better than her logic, but maybe because of that, it makes sense to her. “Yes, Thea good too.” She says, nodding in her agreement and casting a glance to the sea lion who keeps hearing her name. Those bright purple eyes flip between Patrick and Syrena.

The topic turns to the Falls though, and the Sultan seems rather genuine as he tells her he is sorry. His apology does her no good now, but she knows that it’s a social custom and that he means well by it. So she nods instead, “Thank you,” pauses for a moment before adding, “Many seem to have settled in the Edge, but if I find others still looking for a home, I will let them know.” She’d almost stayed in the Edge herself, but that drop to the sea was unbearable for her. She needed to touch it, to stand at the shores and let the waves crash against her. Thea knew her well enough to know to simply bring her to the sea, and find others.

“No, no other questions for now,” she says. She wants to spend some time in the herd, get to know the others (maybe), explore the land (definitely), and try to make it begin to feel like home. Try to stop seeing the Falls instead of this hot dessert as home. “If there are things I can help with, please don’t hesitate to ask.” She’d never loved work, but it proved to be a good distraction, to give her purpose, and that had been the best medicine she’d found in this place.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

We can end it here if you all want :)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
What lies on the island [joining?] - by Syrena - 02-24-2017, 10:04 AM
RE: What lies on the island [joining?] - by Syrena - 03-05-2017, 09:54 AM