the Rift

[OPEN] Never wake a sleeping dragon [Healer please!]

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre had no idea what he had been expecting from the dragon, except perhaps fire and death. Though this one was not quite as big as those that were often described in myth and legend. Yet, the Doctor still nervously stayed nearby, shifting his feet awkwardly, half hoping it would wake up, half hoping it wouldn't. If only his silly heart didn't insist on feelings of sympathy and worry, making him linger against the judgement of his mind, that was still lost in a horrifying fairytale somewhere. However, of all the possibilities Sacre had thought to expect, could have expected, was expecting—none of them were Yael. In fact, when the dragon spoke he jumped out of his skin, taking a sharp intake of breath as his eyes widened and he stood, frozen, for the longest of moments, before the strange speech began to make sense. "Yael?!" he spluttered again. He hardly knew Yael at all, not that that mattered now, considering matters 'an all. Though even then he was sure he never remember Yael as a silver dragon.

"What happened?" he blurted, plunging forwards towards her, discarding his fear as concern overrode it. Perhaps she was a shifter. The thought had never dawned on him, but he had seen shifters before, like Isopia and Tembovu. Even then, what had really happened to her? An accident? Had someone done this to her? The questions bubbled on his lips, but he steeled himself as there were other, more pressing matters to attend to. His nosy interrogation could come later. Instead, he attempted to fumble closer to her, hovering like some overprotective mother, pouring over her state with a critical eye, inspecting the puncture wound he had seen earlier and then, finally, he let out a shaky but relieved sigh. Her wounds didn't seem to be life threatening at least. "I will heal you now, we can talk later" he waited a moment, allowing her time to object if she'd rather lay there and bleed, before he reached for the power within.

She was quite small, for a dragon, though bigger than those who accompanied others as companions, but smaller than Sacre himself. Even so, her talons and teeth were enough to put the fox-boy slightly on edge, and yet he placed his trust in Yael, that she would not snap him up as a juicy meal, even if he was easy pickings. She was also quite the glittering sight too, silver from head to toe, and Sacre set about restoring her glorious body back to a more healthier looking state.

How did you heal a dragon?

He hadn't even thought about it, but guessed it to be the same as healing any horse, and she was after all under all that dragon, or at least he presumed—a horse. The young Doctor called forth the blanket of dark healing winds, putting his faith in the magic of the Moon, and bathed her puncture wound first, trying to ease the pain and repair the damage, his brow was furrowed in concentration. Once he was satisfied that he had done all he could with the puncture, he moved on to the bruises on her chest and the foreleg that troubled her. It took a while for him to finish, still not entirely used to wielding the healing magic as he fumbled with it, his concentration breaking now and then as he battled to get the hang of it, but he thought he got there eventually. The final thing he focussed on was any general weariness that might be plaguing her before the winds slowly disappeared into nothing and Sacre let out a tired breath.

"I did what I could, you should feel more at ease now?" he inquired, checking that she did indeed feel better and that his hard work had offered some respite from the injuries that had plagued her. Taking a thoughtful step back, he waited once more for her verdict, falling silent as his two foxes suddenly appeared under his chest, watching Yael with a sparkling curiosity.
there's something tragic about you
something so magic about you

image credits

@Yael <33 I hope I did this okay! I left the healing open for interpretation if you wanted her to have scars or not etc... :3

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never wake a sleeping dragon [Healer please!] - by Sacre - 03-11-2017, 12:44 PM