the Rift

[PRIVATE] run this town

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

She emerges like a nymph from the water, and he can't help but notice the way her damp coat clings to her and emphasises each muscle and curve. He might be assured that he has made his decision for the right reasons, but that doesn't mean his masculine brain won't occasionally delve into the wrong reasons. Vadir unfurls herself upon her titan bonded's back and scrutinises the spark-marked mare with vague interest. "Better than some of the skanks you bed," she remarks, which is damning with faint praise if ever he heard it. That's not why I need to speak to her, and you know it, he retorts sharply. The queen simply chuckles darkly to herself and splays like a starfish across his broad back, allowing the sun to reach the paler golden scales on her underside.

"Mother of Companions," he greets in his thick baritone, acknowledging the dip of her head with one of his own. The Indomitable sees little point in making small talk, not when he is so keen to discover the answer to the question he is going to ask. So he skips directly to the chase, holding his hulking body tall as he looks at the blue-marked mare and begins to speak. "Aithniel has been sent on a quest by the God of the Sun. She does not know how long she will be away, but it will be long enough that she can no longer perform her duties as Sultana." Volterra hadn't wanted to pry about the details of the quest, but he is sure it must be important for the Sun God to select his daughter for it. He pictures an expedition to a far-off land, searching for clues about how to destroy Kaos. He imagines glamour, adventure, danger. Whatever her task, he is sure the Inquisitor will perform it to the best of her abilities, and whilst he is loathe to lose her presence at his side, they cannot go against the Sun God's whims.

"She is happy for me to fill the vacant position as I see fit, or leave it open and rule alone." Again he thinks of the possibilities of doing the latter - being able to mould and shape the herd to his own vision of perfection, raising an empire under his iron fist. Not answering to anybody but himself, making decisions entirely on his own...yes, it is appealing, to be a tyrant, but he does not think it would be the best for the herd. And as Sultan, the Sun God's chosen leader, he cannot let the Throat down by refusing to see past his own arrogance.

"I would like the position to go to you, Ampere, if you will have it." He pauses for a moment, for dramatic effect and to observe her face and try to gauge her reaction to the offer. "Your passion and desire to aid the herd exceeds even my own. You are trusted and valued here, and I can think of nobody better to share the throne with me." He fixes her with that intense crimson gaze of his, whilst Vadir, despite herself, rolls over to listen to the mare's response. Vérzés somewhat ruins the moment by catching a fish in a loud cacophony of splashing and chomping, earning him a withering glare from his golden sister.

V O L T E R R A
I'M LIVING LIKE A LANDMINE WAITING TO EXPLODE
I'M TICKING LIKE A TIME BOMB READY TO GO

drawing: chan <3

@Ampere

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
run this town - by Volterra - 02-25-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: run this town - by Ampere - 02-25-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: run this town - by Volterra - 02-26-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: run this town - by Ampere - 02-26-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: run this town - by Volterra - 02-26-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: run this town - by Ampere - 03-08-2017, 12:24 AM
RE: run this town - by Volterra - 03-11-2017, 02:55 PM