the Rift

[PRIVATE] run this town

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Ampere the Mother of Companions

Volterra's quick and decisive nature in his selection of a second lead helps curb some of Ampere's doubts about his ability to lead. That he extends his mind towards her to share ideas and work together takes her trust even further. Her smile grows, and her posture relaxes considerably.

She is reminded of the time she and Africa talked about these exact issues. They had bantered over their ideas, and though it got heated at one point, they had worked well together, as brief as it had been. It's the first time the mare had crossed Ampere's mind in a while, and she misses the gray pegasus, she misses much of what she has come to lose over the years. I'm getting old she thinks, blinking away the sentimental thoughts.

"I've been living here many seasons," Ampere starts, hoping to give her ideas some credit, though by no means insisting his don't matter simply because he's new. "In that time we were mostly solid beneath..." a pause, the grief still there, like a gaping hole that had finally stitched itself shut but could be made to bled with enough aggravation. "Gaucho," she says the name with a push of breath through her teeth, and her flanks heave for a moment as it passes, but it seems therapeutic, like a ghost has been expelled from her being.

"He had several leads alongside him, and a few before him, myself included." She paused, not sure if Volterra knew she had once been Sultana. "In that time a firm leader has always been the most well received. Though by no means tyrannical, it's important to wield the authority of the rank. Listen to the herd, but don't necessarily ask them to speak, and don't hesitate to shut them up." She smirked a bit, tail flicking at her heels. "We're a family here, but like any family we can bicker." She shrugs, unapologetic.

"We have always done well as a warrior nation. Though we've never attack other herds, we do not conquer, we are strong. The desert makes us so, even among the ranks that do not tear themselves apart. We respect the warrior way, and I would have us grow that rank which has been dwindling." A pause, mouth still ajar, about to speak again. Her 'brow knits with realization. "We should grow all the ranks - we are thinner than ever before, and our numbers are mostly bolstered by the young."

Volterra has only known the herd as its been in ruins, so she felt the need to say those things, as general as they were.
"Our recent weakness will not have gone unnoticed. We should reaffirm our relation with the other herds, if cautiously. I know the Elephant King, Tembovu, leads the Edge currently, or did last I was there. Deimos the Reaper and Hotaru the Valkyrie led the Basin last I heard, but I don't travel north much." Ampere made a face, clearly not fond of the Basin, or at least not the pink queen. "I don't think we've forged any alliances with either herd other than agreement to trade and be civil, but that was a while ago."

"When we do see the other herds, we must put on a strong force. I think eventually we should remind Helovia of our might with a fighting tournament in our ring, let them know that we will always burn, even without the Wildfire. We have the Sun's fire."

"Of course we must rebuild within too. Maren is a magnificent wise one. We ought to seek out her council often; her connection to the Sun gives her wisdom beyond any other horse, and will help guide us in His light. The healers are doing well," Ampere beamed slightly, her daughter among those ranks. "The crafters..." here Ampere drew a heavy sigh. "You see the work they've done. The bridge, the temple, the battle arena - I know the both of them, Cera and Sohalia, I love them, but perhaps they have taken the loss of Gaucho too hard to maintain their work. The forges never seem to be running any more, and our days, our metal, is too precious to let idly squander. Many of our members could be better equipped with armor or weapon, and the other herds value our goods greatly."

Here Ampere gave pause. She'd said a lot, though she did not drag it out, eager to hear his input as well, but wanting to lay her's on the table. Ampere was not a shy horse in any regard. "As for the sneaks, they have never been a strong rank of ours, and I fear they're even quieter than the crafters. They may be good at going unnoticed, but they shouldn't be gone." Ampere grunted, the least impressed with that rank of them all. "Admittedly I've never found them very useful, but we need them to collect information that our other ranks are less capable of getting. We must keep tabs on the other herds, and especially with Kaos around, we need all the intel we can get. As for the actual stealing they think they ought to do... I find it dishonorable. We have the means to make what we need, and anything else can be settled with a good fight. If they must steal, then they should help those who have been wrongly taken from." Ampere's mouth set in a hard line, and her eyes watched him carefully. Up until now her ideas had been pretty general and common sense, but in this she was a bit more, selective, and she wasn't sure how he'd take it.

"We can make the Dragon's Throat great again, but we've got a lot of work to do."
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
run this town - by Volterra - 02-25-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: run this town - by Ampere - 02-25-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: run this town - by Volterra - 02-26-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: run this town - by Ampere - 02-26-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: run this town - by Volterra - 02-26-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: run this town - by Ampere - 03-08-2017, 12:24 AM
RE: run this town - by Volterra - 03-11-2017, 02:55 PM