the Rift

[OPEN] Cabin Fever

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

S A O I R S E

The youth doesn’t expect the voice that quickly snaps his gaze to her face. A voice that cracks, and ushers an unfamiliar heat into the boy’s cheeks and neck. Having moments ago cast his wings into a silly array of awkward flailing, Saoirse attempts to cool his skin and grins sheepishly between the distance.

Yeahhh, I’m good!”

He fluffs those wings that are partially spread out beside them, tipped and flecked with maroon, shuffle and tuck themselves beside him like a reassuring blanket. Their weight is noticeable to the boy, and he’s thankful he can press them near for reassurance.

Feeling remnants of the heat prick his cheeks and extend to his curious ears, he picks up his feet to meet the unknown filly. Taking note of the curious markings that blanche, and encapsulate her face. It’s hard not to stare for too long.

He stops at a comfortable distance, releasing giggles he can’t quite stop from bubbling through his mouth when she speaks once more. “So you saw the whole thing then…” Saoirse breathes out in mock disappointment. A half grin set stupidly against his maw. “I feel like I might explode,” he explains, shaking his head and wondering why he still felt hot and prickly. It’d be nice if it left soon.

“I’m Saoirse,” he offers simply, the boy’s leonine tail wagging from side to side. “Thought this would be a good place to practice, you know?” He realizes she’s without wings, and finds himself only briefly disappointed by this fact. They can’t explore the heavens together, but the prospect of exploring the grounds with another foal proves just as enticing.

“What about you?" He’s never met another foal who wasn’t a part of the Dragon’s Throat. There have been others, those filtering through the background who belong to a family, to a herd and a home during his times outside of the Throat. But he hasn’t quite met one out on this lonesome plane, sequestered from the scent of a potential mother or father. He lacks the scent of either of his parents, but the sands and the dunes – the ocean claims and threads within his smell.

She is a castaway, a vagabond that travels the earth however she pleases. So the boy waits in half curiosity and awe. He wouldn’t have been brave enough to step out and experience the life of a pirate, or a thief, or a child who is thrust into the unknown. To have been found by her, was like stumbling on a peculiar treasure.

@Gyda

Messages In This Thread
Cabin Fever - by Saoirse - 02-28-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Cabin Fever - by Gyda - 03-06-2017, 01:14 AM
RE: Cabin Fever - by Saoirse - 03-07-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: Cabin Fever - by Gyda - 03-14-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: Cabin Fever - by Saoirse - 03-20-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: Cabin Fever - by Gyda - 03-28-2017, 04:12 PM