the Rift

[OPEN] Cabin Fever

Gyda Posts: 11
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.1 HH :: 1 Year
Linds
There were so many fleeting moments in life, moments that simply never struck your soul or pressed upon your brow. Perhaps it was because you hadn’t the care enough to confront your troubles or your woes. Or perhaps it was solely because you’d never been taught to mind anything other than your own flagrant sense of wild abandon. All that you’d come to know, you knew because you’d bothered to unearth it from the dredges of your own experience. To live another life wouldn’t have been fitting for a girl of your unconventional nature. In fact, you were thankful for the evils that had placed you in the meadow that day and even more thankful for the boy and his auburn hair and charming, cornflower-blue eyes.These were things you would remember of him- moments you could carry with you.

As you watched him shamelessly, pouring over the way his feathers settled into place along his sides, you wondered what it meant to fly. In fact, you envisioned the ground falling away from beneath you until all that remained were the clouds below. Did that freedom make up for fear and the many trials and errors it took to get there? For an instant your lips had curled, poised and ready to impart a flurry of inquiries, but suddenly (and rather unexpectedly) you felt uncertain. Instead, you became transfixed on the way he spoke and the words that fluxed so easily from his tongue. He was good.
You had seen the whole thing?
He felt as if he might explode!
You smiled as response, still trying to gather whatever composure you possessed, before giggling at his expense.

Saoirse. Giggling at Saoirse's expense. How silly you felt for becoming so timorous after opening so well!

Even after he went on to explain his practice (and oh, how you adored the sentiment), you felt somewhat at odds with what came next. “I’m Gyda,” you began less assuredly than before. It wasn’t so much embarrassment over how you should behave around a colt so much as how to behave around another creature your age. What had you done with your childhood that constituted as entertainment?I guess… I was just exploring,” you returned feebly. You couldn’t quite tell the colt that he had somehow become the most exciting part of your day- at least not yet. “Would you mind if I joined you?” you questioned a little more resolutely. “It’s been a long time since I’ve been around these parts.

It had been a long time indeed, though not a full year, since you’d seen your family and since you’d been back to the Throat. In fact, it made you question where exactly the colt came from and how he’d managed to find himself in your company. Gyda and Saoirse: adventurers. It had such a nice ring to it and yet you couldn’t but feel as though it was simply you against the world.  

Gyda

@Saoirse

Messages In This Thread
Cabin Fever - by Saoirse - 02-28-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Cabin Fever - by Gyda - 03-06-2017, 01:14 AM
RE: Cabin Fever - by Saoirse - 03-07-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: Cabin Fever - by Gyda - 03-14-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: Cabin Fever - by Saoirse - 03-20-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: Cabin Fever - by Gyda - 03-28-2017, 04:12 PM