V
I
N
G
S
T
O
N

Those large paws twitch again and the claws of one flex almost absently.  However, it is clear that the beast has not woken just yet.  His heavy lids are still closed, his breathing still the steady rhythm of slumber.  The mare is near enough for even the soundest sleeping creature to have smelled but female horses would not be an uncommon thing for this particular beast to smell.  So, that alone does not prove enough to wake him.  She does let her curiosity get the best of her for a moment, though.  While she appears to be taking care not to disturb him her head is level with his sprawled frame for just long enough and just near enough to send a warm puff of breath wafting into his face.  This is enough to interrupt his dreams...

The restless shifting ceases and all at once he is very, very still.  Then just one large, glittering, golden eyes opens ever so slowly.  A searching gaze lands on the tall, sturdy woman dangling flowers from her antlers.  He blinks once, twice, a third time as if this is not at all what he'd expected to see.  Yet, there is no clear sign of confusion so even if it wasn't expected the sight is not out of the ordinary enough to truly disturb him.

This is not a servant I recall encountering before.  That is a little unsettling but not entirely surprising. I have no idea how long I have been out with this fever, I certainly do not know every servant in the whole palace and the staff assigned to maintain the royal quarters is changed on a fairly regular basis.  So, it is not strange that I do not know her.  It is rather irritating that she is just standing there, though.  Especially given that she has just woken me, something they always try very hard not to do.  Maybe she is new...

Well, alright.  I'll just remind her where she is.  Hopefully manners and proper decorum will follow this realization.

With that one eye still open, and the other not yet joining it, he stretches the pawed forelegs out even further claws raking the empty air in front of them.  He rolls to his belly then and lifts his thickly maned lion's head shaking the hair out of his face.  Both eyes blink blearily before snapping firmly open and settling imperiously on the mare.  He does not make any effort to get to his feet.  Clearly, he does not consider her either threatening or worth standing up to talk to.

"You there!"

His voice is a great, deep, rumble not entirely unpleasant but likely very alien sounding to the natives of this world.

"Have you brought me my medicine, girl?"

Image Credit

OOC: and what a fine new table it is too!
@Vertigo

Messages In This Thread
Never wake a sleeping lion - by Livingston - 02-28-2017, 03:48 PM
RE: Never wake a sleeping lion - by Vertigo - 02-28-2017, 06:13 PM
RE: Never wake a sleeping lion - by Livingston - 03-04-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: Never wake a sleeping lion - by Vertigo - 03-05-2017, 12:24 AM