the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: the dark side of the moon

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

She moved her both winged and haloed head to look up from the rippling surface of the water, to the face of the cause. It was superstition that when something happened twice it was bound to happen a third time. And thus they met again.

His expression was like looking into a mirror. Except where the depths of her own eyes were more catlike, his reminded her of a snake. That wasn't how she recalled the carvings in his face to be; the smoothness of his lines that she did not remember, now sat comfortably on his face and rolled from his tongue. The somewhat excessive merchant that the Crownless tiger mare had thought untrustworthy and strange; who ever he might have been, whether he had drowned that day or not - because Maren now realized it hadn't been him she had saved anyway, as he had never existed in the first place.

She had been a traveling priestess and scholar for the biggest part of her life. From a wispy seed in a thick forest she had turned to a grown oak on a hill overlooking outstretched fields, branches reaching to the sky; too familiar with how the sun rose every morning and how the wind blew. But just because she knew how the world worked, did not mean she was immune to the aftershock. In the end it always seemed to come down to who cared more.

Such knowledge made her heart as hard or cold as the trust and truth. Of which neither of she took for granted. Regardless of the seemingly obvious, she always questioned. It was the base principle of being a scholar. Whether he knew, she did not know, as he bowed to her. A grin adorning his handsome face. "Aren't you the arrogant one." She whispered back, dark amusement trailing her voice. "Toulouse, then?" The corners of her mouth lingered in a smile, but something about her enjoyment didn't surprise her. Despite his theatrical ways being way too dramatic once again, she just liked riddles, being challenged in a way. No matter how tasteless and no matter the shady places, hidden behind serpent eyes, they originated from.

Image Credits

@Toulouse

I did my best to keep it as small as possible, but in the final edit I was like MEH, nvm. So I'm sorry, but at least it somewhat flows hopefully XD
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
SN: the dark side of the moon - by Toulouse - 03-02-2017, 04:11 AM
RE: SN: the dark side of the moon - by Maren - 03-02-2017, 04:25 PM
RE: SN: the dark side of the moon - by Toulouse - 03-03-2017, 06:26 AM
RE: SN: the dark side of the moon - by Maren - 03-03-2017, 09:46 AM
RE: SN: the dark side of the moon - by Toulouse - 03-03-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: SN: the dark side of the moon - by Maren - 03-05-2017, 09:42 AM
RE: SN: the dark side of the moon - by Toulouse - 03-11-2017, 11:42 AM
RE: SN: the dark side of the moon - by Maren - 04-04-2017, 07:37 AM