the Rift

[PRIVATE] same old mistakes

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
She turns, her smile like a beacon of hope and adoration - and then it slackens, fades like a dying star at the sight of him. His ears twitch backwards slightly, wondering who she thought he was, debating on why he is such a disappointment all of a sudden. She makes a valiant effort to reinstate the smile, but the damage is already done. "Not who you were expecting?" he questions with a tilt of his head, powerless to keep the slight edge of hurt from his voice.

Sikeax reveals that she has trusted the Earth God from a young age, and despite his wounded pride Volterra finds himself nodding his agreement. "Aye, he is a fine man and a fine God. It's what makes the disbanding of the Falls all the more...worrying." The Indomitable had trusted Father Earth implicitly, and had been sure that if anybody could destroy Kaos, it would be him. Instead, he'd been forced to disband his own herd, and hadn't been able to do a thing about the false god's presence. Concern blights the black titan's features and he ponders yet again whether Kaos will ever be defeated.

"Of course," reassures the red dragon on his back. "He will fall." The red's unshakeable faith in his bonded brings a small smile to those handsome features, and Volterra glances back to Sikeax with renewed vigour.

The mare asks why he's here, and more than anything he wishes he could lie, so he could tell her that he came for her. Alas, that would not be the truth - he's happy to see her, but that's not why he set off from the Throat today. "I come to the Earth God's shrine regularly, to pay my respects and....it sounds stupid, but I think that if I keep visiting him, if I show him that he has at least one loyal follower left here, he will return and help us defeat Kaos." The frown is back as he looks at the crumbled shrine, decidedly devoid of anything living. "Seeing you is an added bonus." He manages a grin, and this sentence is not a lie.

Her companion shifts, and Vérzés stirs with his desire to fly down and greet the serval. "We have missed you both, too," he rumbles. In the back of his mind he hears Vadir scoff, but he does not include her in his words - he knows she wants nothing to do with the champagne mare and her rougarou, but that does not affect how both Volterra and Vérzés feel. "I should probably tell you that I am Sultan of the Throat now," he adds. He pauses, wondering how she will react; will she see it as a betrayal of their friendship that he has remained in the herd that usurped her? He prays that she doesn't, because each step of the way he's wondered about how she would feel about it. He can't help the fact that he's grown fond of the herd, that he's now willing to fight and die for it. That surprised him as much as anybody else.

volterra
vérzés & vadir

coloring & coding credit

@Sikeax

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
same old mistakes - by Sikeax - 03-02-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: same old mistakes - by Volterra - 03-03-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: same old mistakes - by Sikeax - 03-04-2017, 05:34 AM
RE: same old mistakes - by Volterra - 03-05-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: same old mistakes - by Sikeax - 03-11-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: same old mistakes - by Volterra - 03-15-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: same old mistakes - by Sikeax - 04-18-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: same old mistakes - by Volterra - 04-24-2017, 01:51 PM
RE: same old mistakes - by Sikeax - 05-21-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: same old mistakes - by Volterra - 05-27-2017, 07:11 AM