the Rift

[PRIVATE] same old mistakes

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
There’s a quick flurry of happiness and the distant feeling of pride when Volterra admits that Vérzés feels just the same towards them. It even works to throw a smile on her lips. At least Hobgoblin likes someone other than herself and her children, and it only makes her happier that he manages to get along well with someone she’s close to’s companion because in any other terms, it’d be next to impossible to achieve that.
But nonetheless, Sikeax doesn't nothing to stop a small laugh from coming out at the statement.
He offers some reassurance though, her ears pushed forward as skin grazes against skin, drinking in the strong smell of sweat and sand that's been burned into him, probably from the time he's spent in the Dragon's Throat now. Either way, it brings the quiet suffering of remembering that that's something that would be next to impossible to go back to, and that nearly all the people she's ever truly, deeply cared for are there without her, knowing she's gone and having to live a life that she's painfully vacant from. It etches a pained frown against her face, one that she tries her best to hide from him.
Hobgoblin offers no comfort in the meantime, and she doesn't blame him, but his yellow eyes feel cold on her skin despite how warm Volterra is.
Then there's the silence. Her chest finds that familiar ache again and goes back at it, lashing out at her for such an obvious display of emotion when their relationship has been (believably)nothing but strained from the beginning. She'd been right, some things are better left unsaid.
“I'm sorry" creeps out of her lips as the pressure of his body against her own builds, subconsciously returning it with equal pressure. “I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, if I did."
"Shut up. Show other way?"
She nearly doesn't want to listen to him saying it, reminded of what happened last time she did anything of that sense with him. Zhu had come forth, and while she loves to admit that her only biological son was a miracle in a sea of pain and mistakes, it scares her to take that plunge again.
Except the last few times she's been around Volterra and his children are around, he's been a good enough father. So, if the unevitable did occur, she could at least hope that his change of mind plays out better this time.
Not to mention, it wouldn't hurt to give him another chance. He's definitely proven himself a million times over, so with a touch of fear firmly embedded in her, and Hobgoblin's quiet encouragement, she gives in, giving him the go-ahead with her hips gently pressing into his body.
“Go ahead." confirms her decision, holding a touch of anxiety in it, risen from the only other time she's let this happen with him.

OOC: it's cool, i'm pretty sure this is the worst thing i've written in forever but dark and i are impatient c':

"Talk."
Sikeax the
You were angels,
So much more than everything,

And I sit and listen dreamlessly,
A promise of salvation makes me stay

image | coding

@Volterra

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed