the Rift

[OPEN] empty rooms [EDGE PATROL]

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth

My reflection makes a dark and beautiful contrast to the vibrant greens reflected on the surface of the pool for the brief moment I observe it before I wade into the shallows to bathe myself. The summer air crowds me heavy enough to draw beads of sweat from my hide, bringing a slight glisten to my shoulders and back but no more then this. Even now my breath is even and unperturbed, for I am Hearth,  hardened traveler of the world and no stranger to the tolls of heat if  this be called even that. Born in the frigid mountains of Galla I was merely used to colder places and for that how could a mare have shame? None I say. 

That being said I relished in the cool touch of the forest pool as it glides across my skin with each step I take inward, exciting a series of shivers down my body. Doubtless it is kept so by the prolific if thready shade cast upon it by the reed trees in this strange but beautiful place. Stray sunlight beams glimmered evanescently like fire flies all round  as the trees sway nearly as if with breath of their own, seeming to lean to-and-fore with interest at me same as before. Yes, it is not the first time I have visited this place, as is a wanderers way, though this be far any place I favor truth be said. Here the trees – if they are even that – crowd too closely, making my great wings ache for freedom and hinder any true sense of direction, fostering an atmosphere of confusion that my ilk find baleful in every right and so my distrust. That is not to say I tremor with fear in this place. I am of the winged kind and may flee at my own whim should the need arise, nor am I petty enough to avoid a place for such slight discomforts as I have baser needs to satisfy. 

For a body to travel it must be healthy and for that to be one must eat, drink, and rest. That is what I have come here for. Now knee deep in the water I dip my head till my maw breaches the surface and sup the clear liquid eagerly, splashing some onto my shoulder and flanks to enjoy its touch as well. Beside me my great wings hover just over the water, idly fanning the air to create a breeze of their own between long awaited  stretches.     

At some time I notice the sound of footsteps nearby and cast my gaze over to what I believed to be the source and saw the outline of someone approaching. It appeared to be one of the horned sort, which amused me for the last time I was here I meet Sjal and she was also horned.

" Lo, stranger."I call out amicably. 

For flame, for heart
Image Credit

@Toulouse
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!

Messages In This Thread
empty rooms [EDGE PATROL] - by Toulouse - 03-02-2017, 08:53 PM
RE: empty rooms [EDGE PATROL] - by Hearth - 03-14-2017, 09:28 AM
RE: empty rooms [EDGE PATROL] - by Toulouse - 03-15-2017, 08:40 PM
RE: empty rooms [EDGE PATROL] - by Hearth - 03-29-2017, 09:15 PM