the Rift

[OPEN] I have promises to keep

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

It is strange how quickly she feels at home here, with the Basin’s healer, and like always she finds herself wondering if the Edge had been the right choice. Yet that thought brings a stab of pain to her heart as well, as if to say ‘how could the Edge not be the right choice?’. She just somehow didn’t have the same relationship with Sacre and Tilney, though maybe that was because in a way, she took their existence for granted. How often would she really see Tiamat and Lena and Mortuus? Not enough, certainly. And there’s something about Mortuus that interests her, that comment about how he wouldn’t be the way he is.

She wants to ask him more, wants to know his story, but she knows that now is not the time. That it’s too personal a question to just throw out there even if they were alone. She’s only just met him, and she knows how guarded she is about her own past. Glasgow is one of the few in Helovia that know the full story.

So she lets the conversation turn to Glasgow, briefly, smiling warmly as they say she can stay to visit. “Thank you. Though I admit the trip is a little shorter by air than if I walked.” she says to Mortuus and Tia, already feeling her excitement grow at seeing the scarred mare again. It’s been too long. But then the conversation turns to herbs, the whole point of this visit, and she flicks her ears forward listening closely as Mortuus tells her about Rosehips.

He offers her a plant and she grins. “Thank you. We don’t have this in the Edge. I’m sure I’ll need more and an excuse to visit,” she says with a bit of a wink before adding, “Though I hope you all will come visit the Edge too. We have plenty of ferns to share.”

Then she turns to Tia as the blue mare offers her another herb, one Lyanna has heard the name of but had not yet managed to find in Helovia. “Oh, how wonderful! I have been trying to find some. It’s rather warm in the Edge currently, though it does get quite cold in Frostfall, I don’t think it’s cold long enough in the year for us to have it naturally. Or not that I have found, anyway.” The two companions catch her attention as they wander through the greenhouse, and she can’t help but smile in their direction, amused by their friendship and exploration of the herbs.

Companions are another thing that Lyanna has always wondered about. Wanted, in truth. It might help her feel less alone than she often does, even though she is not alone. She has friends and a life and wonderful things. It is just simply impossible to replace a family, and the hole in her heart never quite goes away. Lena offers another option, one specifically for Ru. Lyanna nods in her direction in a quiet sort of thanks. “It’s certainly worth trying. I wish I knew more about her ailment, but I’ve never seen anything like it.” She pauses for a moment, enjoying the company of her new friends and the herbs that have been proffered. “I think I’m going to have to get a bag one of these days,” she says with a laugh, looking at the variety of plants they have given her.

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Tiamat @Lena @Mortuus Nox

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
I have promises to keep - by Lyanna - 03-03-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Tiamat - 03-04-2017, 08:02 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Lena - 03-05-2017, 01:36 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Lyanna - 03-07-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Mortuus Nox - 03-10-2017, 11:42 PM