the Rift

[OPEN] Desert Rain

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

S A O I R S E

The sound of Iskra’s jubilant voice rushes out from the distance. Cracking a smile on the boy’s face. Saoirse rears up playfully atop the dune. Wings spread out as he tried to talk, but the bag obscured his voice into muffles and mumbles. Snorting to himself, the boy let the bag down on the sand as he returned to the earth. Gingerly resting it against his left fore.

“Iskra!” He called out. The sooty brown body, flecked and flickering with the snap of electricity began to climb the hilltop. He raised a brow, and giggled openly as he discovered that his friend was incredibly sweaty and out of breath. “What have you been up to?”

As attention was brought to his bag, he offered a more subdued smile. He looked at it, and hummed in thought briefly before answering. “It’s some kind of bag. If you open this flap here, it opens up – and you can put stuff in it. See?” He dipped down and pulled at the leather flap, trying to show Iskra the inside. He let go to regard the other colt. Swishing his tail in an air of excitement.

“I JUST found it in my nest.”

He omitted the idea that maybe his mother had left it. The boy wasn’t sure if he could talk about her, considering her prolonged absence. He preferred thinking that someone might have gifted him the bag. Perhaps the Sun God? A secret admirer? A friend? In any case, he felt special at that moment. His smile became lopsided and giddy.

“It’s pretty cool, yeah?”

Messages In This Thread
Desert Rain - by Saoirse - 03-10-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: Desert Rain - by Iskra - 03-18-2017, 07:16 PM
RE: Desert Rain - by Saoirse - 04-06-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Desert Rain - by Iskra - 04-08-2017, 11:50 PM