the Rift

DON'T GIVE UP

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

I arrive to the meeting a bit late, which, as my mother used to say, was fashionable, unless you were the one in charge of it. Not feeling particularly the part, however, my head is relatively low and my gaze is lack luster as I find a place to stand among the fold. Though part of me wants to find Erebos’ side, and cling to it, as I might have as a colt, I reject the weak feeling for companionship, and instead pick a place among strangers. Duir lingers some where, the images he sends me hinting that he is close, but hidden, likely among the nearby pines, or against some boulder or outcropping, utilizing his peculiar, vanishing power.

It’s good to see Tiamat up there, and I listen to her with more attention that I’ve probably given anyone else who’s stood in her place. Maybe it’s that I view her as a friend, not a captor, or maybe it’s something more, but she seems suited to be one half of the ruling force of the Basin. In most of my years here, there had always been wickedness on the throne, my mother probably being the worst of them, and the sea-mare is pretty much the opposite of who the Lady GildedBlade was. Honest, kind, compassionate, and with more love than I could possibly stand to have inside me at any given point, maybe someone like Tiamat really is what the Basin needs.

I’m quite surprised, then, when my name is called out among those being honored.

Erebos’ cheerful call of praise draws an awkward smile to my otherwise glum expression, the faintest light returning to my eyes as I lift my head, and look out towards Imogen, the fellow Thief. Though I try to hide my slightly diminished delight at the notice of her wings (for the love of Moon’s voluptuous ass, why?), I finish the rest of the meeting feeling quite a bit better than I had when I’d arrived.

Duir, however, is only worried, knowing all too well that I’m, well, not responsible.

When Aisling makes Tiamat finish the meeting on her own, however, I frown, making a mental note to keep an eye on the pair, to ensure that my friend isn’t being overworked, or taken advantage of. Being the sort of horrible person who would manipulate someone like Tiamat, I certainly have noticed that she’s, well, probably more naïve and good natured than is good for her, sometimes. Regardless, it’s not just her wellbeing at stake – we all heard the Time God, the last time he was here.

The sound of electrical wolves sounds like the worst thing that anyone might have concocted. Immediately filled with trepidation, I swallow down the rising fear that floods me at the mere mention of wolves. The thought of them constantly roaming about makes my skin crawl, and I admit that I probably won’t be overly keen on starting up those projects; sounds like a job for my compatriots, to me!

Lena’s question causes a crestfallen expression to mark my face, a sudden inspiration to speak taking hold of me. Quickly gathering my thoughts, I project my voice, finding that I’m quite good at it, despite having not done it much before.

"I will try my best to uphold my duties, Ladies," I begin, nodding to both of them, and the rest of the herd, before continuing, "if the soldiers are to search the Marsh, I would ask my fellow sneaks to meet with me shortly after the conclusion of this meeting, to discuss the study of the beach, as well. Perhaps there is information there that was missed during the False Gods arrival. In regards to my…"

Clearing my throat, because it tightens with pain, and the empty hollow inside my heart, I try to not let my voice break as I continue. Cementing my emotions away behind a wall, only the faintest hint of how much they really mean to me bleeds through when I look back up.

"The Sentinels," I manage, looking, in particular, to Tiamat, though I vacillate my gaze between the unicorn and the equine both, "I implore each of you to consider their restoration. They have stood as a symbol of strength and unity to me for my entire life, and I am sure they mean the same to many others. I pledge whatever of my own time must be given to see them whole again."

’cause we need a little controversy

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
DON'T GIVE UP - by Tiamat - 03-11-2017, 06:25 PM
RE: DON'T GIVE UP - by Tiamat - 03-18-2017, 02:29 AM
RE: DON'T GIVE UP - by Erebos - 03-18-2017, 05:23 PM
RE: DON'T GIVE UP - by Vertigo - 03-18-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: DON'T GIVE UP - by Lena - 03-18-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: DON'T GIVE UP - by Öde - 03-19-2017, 01:08 AM
RE: DON'T GIVE UP - by Imogen - 03-19-2017, 02:59 AM
RE: DON'T GIVE UP - by Weaver - 03-19-2017, 08:33 AM
RE: DON'T GIVE UP - by Toulouse - 03-19-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: DON'T GIVE UP - by Glasgow - 03-19-2017, 10:41 PM
RE: DON'T GIVE UP - by Rikyn - 03-20-2017, 10:51 AM