the Rift

[OPEN] let me set the scene

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
There was no question where Amaris would travel to next on her search for her cousin. The lands of moon and mist were where they were all born, where her mother ruled, all those years ago. Tandavi, the dragonmare promised, I will find you again.

It was a slower journey than she would have liked from the southern borders of the realm. Amaris was exhausted, but stubborn determination pushed her onwards - she would not rest again until she had seen her cousin again, until she knew Tandavi was at least alive and safe. She hoped for more of course - she hoped her cousin would forgive her again, would welcome her back into the folds of her family and herdland, would believe the truth behind her extended absence - it hasn't been extended for me.

Sweat, dried and wet alike, blended with the dust and dirt of travel upon her thick pelt. Heat did not usually bother Amaris, dragon-borne creature that she was, but she was also pushed almost to the limits of her endurance and fitness. Rest, Dramyrth insisted, over and over, and time and time again Amaris simply continued on. I have to find her, it was her mantra, the constant hum repeating in her crown, so much so that Dramyrth relented and simply did what he could to aid his bonded. He scouted ahead, seeking out the path of least resistance for his tired little dragonmare, shooing away any wildlife that could be deterred by a short spout of frost- or flame-breath, and otherwise directing Amaris on a different route if he met anything too dangerous.

Her wings drooped at her sides - she could have completed the journey so much faster had she just been able to take off; alas, her energy was sapped, drained, so a slow stumbling walk was it. Her conscience would not let her rest, not since Dramyrth had fallen into his curious, pseudo-hibernation - and then that determination was redoubled as she realised the full impact of what had occurred. Almost two years had passed -- two years -- and she would not rest until she knew for a certainty that her Tandavi was alive and well and happy, even if to ensure that happiness remained it meant her sun-marked cousin wanted nothing to do with her.

It was fortunate that the Edge's new (well, new to Amaris) gateway was on the southern border, for it was more luck, chance, that enabled her and Dramyrth to stumble across it. The borders were unrecognisable - the last time she had been here, remnants of the old wall that was built during her mother's reign still existed - now, it seemed those remnants had been transformed again, into spikes. Amaris idly wondered if they did anything more than look imposing - but she wasn't so foolish as to touch or challenge them and find out.

Amaris knew enough about herds, particularly those who resided in the World's Edge, to be patient and wait for a guard to walk by - the Moon Goddess simply would not allow anyone less than worthy to reside within her borders. Dramyrth circles above her, letting out a polite call as he did so, before landed lightly upon Amaris' back. A purr rumbled through her - they were here at last, they would find what they were looking for, and then -

Then they would be able to rest.

"."
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me

@Tandavi
@Mesec
Open for any and all to attend if they want C:
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
let me set the scene - by Amaris - 03-15-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: let me set the scene - by Tandavi - 03-18-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: let me set the scene - by Amaris - 03-20-2017, 06:42 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Mesec - 03-26-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Tandavi - 04-03-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Amaris - 04-04-2017, 04:34 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Mesec - 04-04-2017, 08:06 PM