the Rift

[OPEN] let me set the scene

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

For a few blissful moments, everything is perfect. The weight of Amaris' embrace is as comforting and familiar as always; the presence of her cousin anchors the girl to earth; the Fire Dancer is more in the dragon mare's presence, her tumultuous mind growing steadier, her wild array of embers glowing brighter. Natraj grins and barks as he leaps between the girls' backs, older yet far less stately than Dramyrth, his small body wiggling with excitement as he attempts to tackle the much larger dragon, his actions a vulpine communication of I am your big brother, show me what you've got. He's a fool, but his sister smiles, warmth flowing between them in a golden spool. For her own part, she is content to let her body meld against Amaris', her scent and skin seeking as much of the beloved kin as possible. She relishes this moment of calm, this perfect tranquility when she knows where she belongs.

She clings to it, because she knows it cannot possibly last.

The weight of Dramyrth settles on her back. His deep purr settles the girl, keeping her from retreating back into the insecurity of herself as Amaris begins to speak. Fire Dancer watches through careful black eyes, taking in her cousin's story in silence, processing it all as best she can. At the mention of the dragon's illness embers rise from the girl's back, encircling the gold as though seeking any further sign of injury, darting around and under wings as a reflection of the girl's worry. Natraj, for his part, whines and presses himself closer to Amaris, licking the scales around her wings in comfort.

Neither speaks, both unsure what to say. Amaris' story is fantastic, but nowhere outside the scope of what they know to be possible. That time might warp and steal their beloved away... well, they had lost those they loved to forces both more and less sinister than a fluctuation of time. The girl's moon-slashed face is pulled tight into an expression of pain- not for herself, but for her cousin, whose fear and uncertainty is nearly palpable. "I'm sorry, Amaris," the girl breathes.

But before she can say more there is a snap, and the copper child's head spins to find its source, even as her body braces to take the tired weight of her cousin. Dark eyes flash with surprising hostility, long tail slashing the air as the girl faces this intruder on their moment, bi-colored ears falling flat on her head. Her body curves, protective, as though to shield Amaris from whatever threat nears-

-Except that the threat is Mesec, the boy she vaguely remembers from a similar meeting as children, and now knows through herd meetings and tangential knowledge to be a Glazier in the Edge. Tandavi relaxes slightly, though she cannot help the bright flare of jealousy that builds within her at the clear recognition he shares with her cousin. From Amaris' back, Natraj snorts loudly - Calm down. Just 'cus you don't have friends doesn't mean 'Maris can't.

Ha ha, very funny.

"Hi," the Fire Dancer echoes flatly, still clearly unimpressed with this intrusion upon her scene. Natraj, having of course noticed the very attractive younger Kitsune in Mesec's presence, rolls his eyes conspiratorially at her, as though to say, Horses, right?

Heedless of this commentary, the Fire Dancer continues. "Amaris - my cousin - just got home. She is very tired. She's going to stay here." With me. Forever. Her black eyes dare his silver ones to challenge her.

She doesn't dare look at Amaris. Rejection would be too much for her tumultuous, trembling heart.

x - x

@Amaris <33

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Messages In This Thread
let me set the scene - by Amaris - 03-15-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: let me set the scene - by Tandavi - 03-18-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: let me set the scene - by Amaris - 03-20-2017, 06:42 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Mesec - 03-26-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Tandavi - 04-03-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Amaris - 04-04-2017, 04:34 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Mesec - 04-04-2017, 08:06 PM