the Rift

What Child Am I?

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

Levit’s answer falls short of the boy’s expectations. Too daft to think beyond the possibilities that the older foal is pushing away his curiosity for unknown reasons. Or what those reasons could possibly be. Saoirse is also an orphan without a mother or a father, and somehow this older, much mature colt is exploring the world seemingly unperturbed by the absence of said family. He wants to ask him, ’how do you do it?’

But the conversation is led elsewhere. His green eyes flash against the intruder, throwing rank into air and her exploits to boot. The threat of Kaos. And without thinking, with only the pride of the Throat to egg him on, and ignoring how wonderful and interesting it was to meet the other peoples of Helovia, his lips are already moving.

“There’s a lot to get done,” he said simply. Then glanced back to Levitz. “Yeah. This god that came out of The Rift… I’m not really sure where that is. But apparently he’s making Helovia his new home, and nobody wants him around because he’s evil. We already have gods of our own that take care of us. Like the Sun God, for the Throat.”

His answer is on the verge of monotone. Hasn’t digested what has happened to him, doesn’t want to. But a soft smile lends itself to the boy when he mentions his God. Which is quickly wiped away when Levitz appears to falter, to diverge from his rebellion and spunk as he gravitates towards the adult. And not him; as if he’s already made up his mind, and Saoirse begins to feel the regrets of failure hot on his  cheeks.

“What enemies have you defeated by yourself?” He blurts. Sure – it seems ‘reasonable’ to take down a bear with several herd mates. Didn’t it? What exploits could the warrior name, to add to her resume? “I mean, obviously we could take down a bear too…” He doesn’t want to admit he’s failed, just yet. And can’t distinguish if his words are petty or desperate. But he feels, and follows his emotions instead.

Stubborn and persistent.

Image Credits

@Wessex :: sry, Saoirse is being a buttt >P

Messages In This Thread
What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-16-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-16-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-16-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-17-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-17-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-18-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-18-2017, 05:13 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-20-2017, 11:23 AM