the Rift

[PRIVATE] made my getaway

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah
Vastra
The fire-lit filly continues to be surprised and warmed by the unabashed joy Melita displays whenever something new is revealed. They had been just heading down, speaking of what was going to be found, and the younger girl had already been excited. And as they stood together in the cavern lit by the wall of fire, Vastra realizes that she’s excited too. She hasn’t had someone to share things with in a very long time - someone who is genuinely interested in the things Vastra has learned and discovered.

While she hasn’t minded that she’s been left alone - she’s come to enjoy her own company - she finds that she rather likes this too. And she wonders whether this is what it would’ve been like to have a sibling that stuck around.

Melita isn’t content to just stand and observe either, she’s bounding forward with more exclamations and touching her fragile nose to the surface of the wall. Vastra’s own nose has become a little calloused and roughened from all the places she’s stuck it where it doesn’t belong, but she follows Melita’s lead - moving slower but pressing her own nose up against the fire. She feels akin to it - feels like the fire is a part of her. Her dun form is red like the sands of the Throat but like these flames as well.

The next question is the line where Vastra’s knowledge ends, unfortunately. She wishes she knew for sure, that she could answer everything Melita wanted to know. “I’m not sure… I think it’s trapped.” She takes a few steps backwards and puzzles at the wall - the glowing light bright enough that she and Melita could almost be twins. “But I don’t know how to free it.”

@Melita

Messages In This Thread
made my getaway - by Melita - 03-16-2017, 06:06 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Vastra - 03-20-2017, 04:51 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Melita - 03-26-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Vastra - 04-10-2017, 01:55 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Melita - 04-16-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: made my getaway - by Vastra - 04-23-2017, 07:35 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Melita - 05-20-2017, 07:36 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Vastra - 05-31-2017, 07:54 PM