the Rift

[DROP] everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP]

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

- V E S P E R -
"STARING DOWN THE STARS, JEALOUS OF THE MOON."

I had been better about spending more time on my own.  It had taken awhile, but I was finally feeling comfortable enough to step outside the Edge without the comforting shadow of Papa at my side.  It helped that I wasn’t alone.  Having Everly with me was profoundly comforting, especially since she knew how I was feeling and why I was feeling that way.  Sometimes I thought that maybe she knew my thoughts better than I did, but regardless she was able to keep me grounded - even when she soared above my head. 

My whole world had been shaken at the foundations when I had seen Kaos inflict his will upon those who stood against him.  Before that moment I’d never considered my own mortality.  But seeing bodies flying and watching blood stain the earth the most indescribable color had changed that.  Part of me wanted to feel some sort of pride in myself.  I hadn’t helped that monster! I hadn’t contributed to his birth! But I knew, deep down, that my resistance had come from fear, not from any place of strength.  That’s what I knew I had to change.  I had to find that strength.  For Papa. For Grandmama. For Mama and Virga so that I could find a way to bring them home one day. 

I let out a soft huff as I flew north, trying to keep my head clear with Kaos’ lands not too far distant from here.  Aside from the Edge, the Veins were the only other lands where I really felt safe nowadays.  I knew that Grandmama did not watch the lands all the time, but I did feel closer to her now. As of right now, she and Papa were the only real family that I had.  Everly’s sharp call drew my silver gaze back into focus, and I was startled to find that strange colors were pouring from the area that I knew to be Helovia’s Heart.  Go? Everly queried, wondering if should investigate the disturbance.  I simply nodded, and began descending towards what looked to be flames. 

The scene obviously drew others, for such a thing was difficult to ignore.  I hesitated, wondering immediately if this was Kaos’ doing, but Everly filled my mind with thoughts of the fire foxes and of the other strange creatures that I’d encountered that had been anything but malicious.  With a little sigh, I drifted closer to one of the faces I recognized - Maude. 

“Hi Maude!” I offer, in a cheerful voice - though there’s wariness there too, “Where do you think that cheetah came from?”

drawing by mar

Mentions @Maude

Vesper is seeking:
Magic (A) [Dark x Light] – Emits a star-like glow from within capable of blinding foes

One prior refusal: link
wishlist

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-20-2017, 09:32 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-20-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-21-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Vesper - 03-22-2017, 03:38 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-24-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-25-2017, 01:03 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-26-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Iona - 03-27-2017, 08:51 PM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Yael - 03-28-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: everything burns [LIGHT/FIRE DROP] - by Maude - 03-29-2017, 07:59 AM