the Rift

[OPEN] Herd Life For Dummies! Chapter 2: Try New Foods.

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

Returning the stranger’s happy smile, Maude is glad to hear that the mare is okay, even if she’s a bit disheartened that, today at least, her services aren’t really needed. Her features fall only slightly, however, immediately regaining their vivacity and cheer, especially when the gray and white woman asks her what she’d been watering.

"Oh, they’re all ferns! But, that last one is called Bracken," she laughs at the somewhat silly name, remembering her curious question suddenly, and turning her wonder filled eyes back to her father as he hurries towards her, and whoever the lady she’s chattering at is, "hi daddy! What -"

Begins to ask the filly as Peatree swoops through, the abrupt distraction allowing time for the girl to start feeling embarrassed. Was it rude to inquire after plant genetics whilst greeting someone? Her questions should probably wait.

Perking up as the white-faced mare begins to explain why she’s here, the filly finds herself curious as to what sort of berry she’s found, too. There were definitely a few about the Edge that weren’t safe, even though they certainly belonged to the plants with the prettiest flowers. Looking up at her dad, just knowing he has the best solution for how to help their newfound friend, the girl looks back at the steel gray mare with a broad, elated smile when Ingrid’s attentions turn to her precious pearls.

"Oh, thank you, Ingrid!" graciously replies Maude, her smile growing even wider and her chin proudly lifting, "my Auntie Ultima gave them to me when I was born. I don’t see her anymore, but they definitely remind me of how pretty and nice she was. Your feathers are very beautiful too! What sort of bird do they come from? I’ll bet he’s a handsome fellow."

how to be brave
how to love when I'm afraid

Image by Araxel@DA

@Tilney
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Herd Life For Dummies! Chapter 2: Try New Foods. - by Maude - 04-12-2017, 09:38 AM