the Rift

I could love you like that, and leave you just as fast

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene

She exhaled steadily as she watched the sunlight slip into the western waters, a promise of reduced heat, if for a while. This was the time she embraced- not that she didn't appreciate her god's guiding light and warmth, but sometimes he was, overzealous. His season was better spent in prayer and docile activity, napping being one of her favorites; it seemed counter-intuitive, but it was the horses who didn't understand their God, that didn't anticipate the trials of his lands, that overworked themselves and perished under his reign. Survival was certainly a trait the Sun God highlighted in his patrons, and sometimes that meant being smart enough not to toil directly beneath him.

Ampere's lips twitched with a yawn. She leaned forward onto her front hooves, her back legs and lower back stretching with a grunt easing past her nostrils. She had just woken, and she was ready to work. The slow escape from a crippling grief brought Ampere returned awareness of how much the herd and herself had slipped away into rusty, dusty, mis-use. Her muscles, though still visible beneath the sleek overlay of her hide, were not nearly as pronounced as seasons past. That was something she intended to change, immediately.

"Please check on Iskra," she requested of the green parrot waking up beside her. He chirped in acknowledgement and fluttered off, wanting no part in Ampere's fighting anyway. He'd eat breakfast instead, and make sure her child wasn't in too much mischief. The ease with which she requested something of her bonded slipped Ampere's notice; it was becoming more and more casual.

Her wings stretched from her sides, and she flapped them a few times before she leaned into them, hooves racing across the earth to create some wind, until finally she was airborne. She sailed across the strip of sea that separated them from the mainland and there lazily landed, bugling out a battle cry, before settling back to complete her stretching.

Open spar

Tallsun, dusk (note: can be hard to see at dusk hours!), outer edge of the Dragon's Throat.

A: 0/3
W: /800

A M P E R E
DREAMING OF _R E V E L R Y

bronzehalo.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
I could love you like that, and leave you just as fast - by Ampere - 03-20-2017, 12:16 PM