the Rift

I could love you like that, and leave you just as fast

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene

Sadism?

Maybe that's what it was for Wessex (hell maybe Ampere too), but for the Mother of Companions, it seemed a lot more likely that battle was her time of penance. She wasn't the most devout mare and she didn't expect perfection from anyone, least of all herself. She did expect some modicum of decency though, and time and time again she betrayed herself in that accord, just as hypocritical and selfish as those she pursued with tongue or teeth. There was something in her that she kept hoping an opponent would either rip out or beat out, but it hadn't happened yet, so Ampere just kept throwing herself into war. Eventually someone would save her or kill her.

Wessex was certainly giving it a good attempt.

Ampere's plan worked, in a sense. She succeeded in disorienting the triceratops (many-ceratops?), but while most might slow in order to fully regain their awareness, it seemed to enliven Wessex who stormed forward with much more gusto than anticipated. Thankfully her inability to travel elegantly across sand or really make out dusk's shadows versus Ampere's coat meant with fervor or not, Ampere slipped away from the impressive rack. It certainly redoubled Ampere's respect for the girl though, and just to be safe, she still tucked her ass on take off, nearly sure she felt the wind of the horns passing just before she flapped out of their reach.

As Ampere's speed and wings took her to the skies, she gave herself a moment to breathe as she coasted in steady circles around their arena, just high enough to comfortably glide. Although her ability to endure most any fight meant she wasn't ready to throw the towel in yet, she was certainly looking for a way to end this before either of them got too many more injuries, though it was always good to keep the healers busy.

With a long exhale Ampere dipped her left wing towards the ground, cutting her path abruptly and angling down in a dive as she wheeled in, attempting to come behind Wessex for a strike. To be honest though, the dark dinosaur was hard to spot now that she'd let herself forget where her foe was. Ampere could be lining up to beat the shit out of some shrubbery for all the difference she could tell in this lighting.
Sun God guide me, she prayed, hoping not to look a fool as she reached out with her front hooves in an attempt to slam her weight down on the nice curvature of her target's haunches.

Ampere's plan was to essentially break up her landing, starting by slowing her descent on her opponent's rear landing pad, then like a springboard, casually leaping off to the ground, where Ampere would follow up with a buck just to deter any immediate retaliation while she was still transitioning from flight to foot. Of course, this all banked on things going according to plan, when the reality was much more likely to be less graceful and involve a lot more flapping as Ampere did her best to maintain her balance. She'd still pounce and buck though, because at least she was committed.

A: 3/3
D: 0/1
W: 532/800

A M P E R E
DREAMING OF _R E V E L R Y

bronzehalo.deviantart.com

@Wessex

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I could love you like that, and leave you just as fast - by Ampere - 05-26-2017, 08:20 AM