the Rift

[OPEN] with hammer and forge

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

The crafter's statement of warmth causes a grin to play at the corners of the goliath's muzzle. Indeed, the Throat is famed for its heat, which had initially deterred Volterra from wanting to live here. He's born and bred for the cold, but he's adapted to his home and has grown accustomed to the heat. That doesn't mean he likes it, but he's now capable of tolerating it.

Syrena asks what they wish for the crafters to do, and although the stallion spares a moment to wonder where Zekle is, he's swiftly drawn into the passion of Ampere's speech as she begins to describe to Syrena what they want. Volterra's eyes glow with a combination of greed and pride as he pictures the magnificent tools that Ampere forges with her words - knives, shields, armour. He pictures legions of fierce warriors marching into battle decked out in the finest metals, each emblazoned with a sun. That emblem could strike fear into the hearts of an invading force - what hope do they have against the herd with fire on their side? "Yes, Ampere is correct. It is of great importance that we outfit our warriors in the finest equipment, and knives are immensely useful in battle. Our soldiers mustn't rely too heavily on them of course, as the strength of their bodies should be enough, but they are an excellent asset to have." One of the warlord's most prized possessions is his stone knife, created by Parelia when he was a boy. He rarely uses it in battle, but knowing it's there is strangely comforting.

"Even when we have no projects in mind, I suggest that you craft as much as you can, Syrena. Anything we don't use we can stockpile or trade, as Ampere says." He glances with a smile to his Sultana as she reveals her shield, giving him a moment to admire the craftwork and beauty of such an implement. Imagine the Throat's soldiers bearing those! "In the next few seasons we are going to try and fortify our island, to prevent it crumbling into the sea over time. We intend to consult the Sun God for further information, but we may well require crafting to complete our task. I would highly suggest practicing as much as you can and advancing your abilities until you feel confident, such as by creating daggers and small pieces of armour." Volterra isn't a crafting expert, but he would imagine that it takes a while to get used to using the new magic, just as he'd struggled to gain control over his own powers.

I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW
image: araxel

@Syrena

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
with hammer and forge - by Syrena - 03-20-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: with hammer and forge - by Ampere - 03-22-2017, 11:57 PM
RE: with hammer and forge - by Volterra - 03-25-2017, 09:13 AM
RE: with hammer and forge - by Syrena - 04-11-2017, 09:40 AM
RE: with hammer and forge - by Ampere - 04-29-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: with hammer and forge - by Volterra - 05-01-2017, 11:25 AM
RE: with hammer and forge - by Syrena - 05-08-2017, 08:44 AM
RE: with hammer and forge - by Ampere - 05-08-2017, 01:41 PM