the Rift

[PRIVATE] Circles

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

The Edge was different than any of the other places that I had ever lived, yet there were many similarities that made the misty woods feel peaceful and homey. To be completely honest, when Dragomir had first suggested moving to the Edge I had balked at the idea. The very simple notion of living in the herd of the goddess that had murdered my brother left a bitter taste in my mouth and and an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. But I knew that Dragomir wouldn't have been happy in the Dragon's Throat and I hated snow, and with the Falls gone the only logical choice was the Edge.

It was a good decision. I think if I had insisted that we live elsewhere I would have regretted it. Letha had made friends and Dragomir had found a niche that he was comfortable in. I was content. Even Mara seemed to be happy there, which I attributed to the fact that there were so many other companions for her to play with and little creatures to hunt.

I was alone for the first time in a while -- Letha was off playing, Mara was with her, and Dragomir, I assumed, was busy with his duties. Even though it was close to noon the sun had not completely burned away all of the mist, there were still patches of it that swirled around the tree trunks. If I didn't call the Edge home I would have thought it ominous. It wasn't. It was beautiful and it seemed to dance around my legs as I strode through it and into the clearing.

Dragomir.

My heart did this funny little flutter-skip when I saw him standing there -- something that still surprised me even though it happened every time I saw him. I walked to where he stood, my wing brushing his side as I came to stand next to him. "Hey." I murmured, reaching up to touch my muzzle to his cheek in greeting.

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Circles - by Dragomir - 03-21-2017, 11:25 AM
RE: Circles - by Ranjiri - 03-21-2017, 01:40 PM
RE: Circles - by Dragomir - 03-30-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: Circles - by Ranjiri - 05-02-2017, 05:08 PM
RE: Circles - by Dragomir - 05-04-2017, 12:34 PM