the Rift

[PRIVATE] Circles

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
There was a split second when Dragomir sidestepped away from me and the touch of my wing against his side that I felt worry and fear. Did he not like when I touched him anymore? But then his muzzle touched mine and those fears, which were probably foolish to begin with, diminished. I held his gaze for a while, feeling the familiar warmth of happiness and affection course through my veins. I had been so sad for so long and Dragomir had been right there beside me offering his friendship and support, all while grieving his own loss.

It looked away when I felt the sting of guilt, because I'd been so wrapped up in my own emotions that I hadn't thought about him and how he was coping with the loss of his mother. It occurred to me, then, how selfish I was being and had been for some time. I couldn't help but think that I should have offered him some kind of emotional support instead of withdrawing into myself so completely.

"You seem well today."

His voice drew me out of my musing and I turned to look at him. "I feel good." I answered, a small, genuine smile on my lips. "But I always feel good when I'm with you." And I touched my muzzle to his shoulder. "Thank you." I murmured, my gaze lifting to meet his if he'd allow it. "For everything." His support. His companionship. Helping me with Letha. Providing us with a new home. His protection. "You didn't have to." Of course he didn't, and he really didn't need me telling him that. "It... it really means a lot."

When he brought up the new tub I was thankful for the change of subject because thanking him made me feel self conscious and a little silly. I shook my head and looked up to Drago. "Oh, no. I haven't seen it yet." I admitted a little sheepishly. Honestly, I hadn't seen much of the Edge (not that I could remember, at least) because I hadn't been paying much attention. Between Letha and being so absorbed in my emotional distress a lot had fallen to the way side I still hadn't even spoken to either of the leads. "Did you help build it?"

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Circles - by Dragomir - 03-21-2017, 11:25 AM
RE: Circles - by Ranjiri - 03-21-2017, 01:40 PM
RE: Circles - by Dragomir - 03-30-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: Circles - by Ranjiri - 05-02-2017, 05:08 PM
RE: Circles - by Dragomir - 05-04-2017, 12:34 PM