the Rift

[OPEN] prodigal daughter?

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
What if this whole crusade's a charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid

The departure of Toulouse is met with a curious rising of my left brow, but nothing more; I’m the sort who’s prone to tempestuous bouts of outrage when my moody decisions are countered by some obtrusive asshole, so I keep my mouth shut, except for the standard, and polite, goodbye I give to him.

"See you around, I’m sure," I say with a nod, wondering all the while if it was something I said.

A lot of the time… it is.

Ah well, fuck it.

No sooner does the slender, gold man leave than Zunden becomes the girl I remember; her lazily cocked him and snotty smile returning, rather than this testing the water pretender that had been there moments before. I don’t know if I have a setting like that; I certainly found it irritating that other people did.

"Ha, yeah, it’s a bunch of chicks, either nuts or just overly bitchy," I chuckle and wink, "you should fit in great!"

The lightheartedness of the moment is swept away by the mentioning of my dad, however, and when she asks how and wraps her neck around me, I freeze up, my head lifting and my eyes growing cold and distant. I want to move away from her, but have figured out that most girls don’t like that at all. It’s a great way to get stabbed or kicked, and I’m certainly not really in the mood to hurt more.

When she steps back, I look away, and grit my teeth, ears splaying aside.

I don’t like the sympathy. It makes my stomach curl with rage and my heart ache with a hurt that grows like cold fire up old cloth rags. So I change the subject. I avoid the hollow that is slowly icing itself inside my heart. I’ll deal with it tomorrow, for the thousandth time; not here, not now, now her, not ever because it sucks, and I’d rather talk shit about how everyone else’s lives are falling apart.

"Well, it’s a long story," I say, looking at her with a weak smile, and beginning to head into the Basin if she agrees to it, "I can tell you while we walk, if you’d like? I’m sure you’ve missed the Springs. I know I always do; evidently, naturally hot pools of water are uncommon phenoms. Who knew?"
For the blood on which we dine
Justified in the name of the Holy and the Divine.

@Zunden

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
prodigal daughter? - by Toulouse - 03-21-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: prodigal daughter? - by Zünden - 03-22-2017, 02:31 AM
RE: prodigal daughter? - by Rikyn - 03-22-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: prodigal daughter? - by Toulouse - 03-23-2017, 12:21 AM
RE: prodigal daughter? - by Zünden - 03-23-2017, 01:36 AM
RE: prodigal daughter? - by Rikyn - 03-23-2017, 11:20 AM
RE: prodigal daughter? - by Toulouse - 03-25-2017, 10:02 AM
RE: prodigal daughter? - by Zünden - 05-04-2017, 03:53 AM
RE: prodigal daughter? - by Rikyn - 05-05-2017, 11:57 AM