the Rift

conceit of deceit [SNEAKS]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

As I’d said I’d do (but not without some measure of mental griping) I pull aside from the herd meeting, towards the tent constructed, specifically, for those who worked in shadow.  Silenced by my father’s magic, freely given for love of the land, I wonder if his story, if any of their stories, are being properly told to those who filter in, unaware that this land has stood for as many years as it has, an unobstructed chain of command transferred from one native, to another.

Sure, parts of it had changed, I think, settling halfway into the blue tinted, quiet shade of the tent, halfway out, so that my body holds the flap open for my spies and thieves to enter, and the Tallsun light makes obvious my presence here.  Things in this herd like, primarily, who it consisted of, and other changes, like what this tent was actually being used for now. 

How long had it been since someone had plotted the death of another, in its clandestine walls, or the fall of an enemy’s empire?  Too long, I’m sure, just like it had been too long since anyone had cared to notice the waste of unwavering, twin warriors, rusting on their borders. 

I nod to each of my compatriots as they arrive, following in what seems to be the last of them coming from the major cluster of individuals who had gathered to Tiamat’s summons.  Moving towards the center of the tent (leaving ample room for my winged co-leader, to make sure her wings won’t touch me), a trail parts within the faintly illuminated, dust motes trailing through the enclosed space as I pass.  I stand near the center post, my buck arriving from outside to stand with me, just as I begin to speak.

"Welcome.  I am Rikyn, for those of you who may not know me.  I’m not nice, and I’m not patient, but I do care a lot about my home.  Any of you who put it or anyone who lives here at risk can automatically consider themselves on my shit list," while I’ve looked pretty serious until now, the expression becomes a smile, mostly because, well, I know you can’t yell at them the entire time, having learned a thing or two from my mom, "I don’t think we’re going to have that problem, though.  You all are pretty clever, yeah?"

Duir rolls his eyes.  They going to think you’re an ass.

I am an ass, buddy.  They’d better get used to it.

"Regardless, our job is to make sure our soldiers don’t have to muss up their hooves fighting fights we can resolve out there," I gesture with my horn to the general everywhere but here, "by keeping a careful eye on all political and global situations which might bring trouble to our home.  While taking stuff is fun, and armor and weapons are always desired to bolster our soldier’s viability on the field, every one of us should consider our primary job to be getting valuable information in enough time for our leaders to make use of it."

"Our primary target of interest is, of course, Kaos," I continue, pausing to look around at those gathered for a reaction, "I would like to gather a small party of interested individuals to thoroughly search the beach for any evidence that might lend us deeper knowledge into how to defeat him.  Those of you who are interested in joining the search parties will find my contingency at the southern-most point of the beach, and the General’s along the border of the Marsh itself.  Either group will welcome any who wish to help, I’m sure."

"In the mean time, practice your skills here, among friends," I smile, a Cheshire thing, because only a rogue like me would come up with such a devious plot to train his men and women in art the subterfuge, "trail your herd mates without notice, and learn their secrets, or their daily patterns.  Find a stranger in the wilderness and glean as much about them as you can, without revealing anything true about yourself.  But, most importantly, keep your eyes and ears open, and behave."

Are you telling them, or yourself? Duir laughs.

Oh, shut up.

"Do you have anything to add, Imogen?" I ask with a smile, finding it weird addressing a woman, not a kitsune, as such.  

[ Please let Imogen reply first.  Anyone is welcome, especially those interested in taking up a Sneak rank!  This is a non-mandatory meeting that will earn your character points in our seasonal contest, as well as provide them with some awesome IC information.  It is taking place in the Secret Tent, which should give you additional points (Reli will correct me if I'm wrong), so long as you mention its fabulous blue cloth and magical soundproof-ness in your post.  Otherwise, thank you guys for the honor of being one of your Thieves, and let's have some fun! 

Rikyn will reply 1 week after Imogen's post date.  Characters must be here before then, or the meeting will continue on without them. 

The patrol thread has been posted HERE. Be there or be square. ]

Art by Esa82@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 03-22-2017, 11:19 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Imogen - 03-22-2017, 11:52 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Toulouse - 03-23-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Albrecht - 03-24-2017, 12:18 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Roland - 03-28-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Imogen - 03-30-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Toulouse - 03-31-2017, 07:52 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Roland - 04-05-2017, 01:18 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 04-07-2017, 11:15 AM