the Rift

[OPEN] an undying dawn [PATROL/INFO GARNERING]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn

Duir is happily prancing through the rise and fall of the tide as I watch the wind move the summer’s grasses along a distant hill.  The morning colors the world rose and orange, as if everything looks the way fruit tastes, and even in my continued depression, I can’t help but notice how perfect of a dawn it is.  The roar of the sea, the steady roll of its misty breeze, and the gold lip around everything the rising Sun kisses with his rays fills me with the same sense of wonder that nature can rouse in even the most rancorous of individuals, and as Tiamat had said not so long ago, no, insisted, I am not a bad man.

I beg to differ, but that is neither here, nor there.  It’s not up to me to decide who I am, I’ve decided, but for other people to see from the outside in. 

Maybe, then, this new routine and sense of responsibility to a herd that would vanish without all our work to hold it together, would be good for me, and that outward image.  It might do little to truly change who I am at the end of the day, but it will, at least, give people some image of me to see other than the wild prince nobody I had seemed to become.

Eager to start off our adventure, the first that I would lead, a certain sense of nervousness lies beneath my calm exterior, stirring the dark depths of my emotional state so that I feel as if doom looms about the next corner, to some minor extent, but also like, maybe, today, I can shake away the black clouds which seem to forever extend themselves across my frame of mind.  Regardless, a growing anxiousness builds in me the longer I wait, and the more gulls which rise to the sky, from their nests, voices calling raucously out through the summer sky, so that by the time the others do start arriving, I’m ready to head out immediately.

Hooves moving beneath me before we ever go, I do a quick count of everyone, making sure those who said they’d arrive, have, before we set off down the beach.  Giving instructions as we set out, I try to project my voice so that every one can hear over the bluster of the seaside wind. 

"The False God first appeared here, so it’s likely there is at least one clue about him to be found," I explain, "regardless, make dual use of your time.  If you see anything which may be of use to the healers or crafters, take them with you.  Otherwise, stay alert.  Strange things seem to happen when groups of Helovians gather, yeah?"

[ Early morning at the Endless Blue, the overhead sky is clear but for a few drifting, happy clouds, and the bluster of sea scented wind.  Characters who attend this patrol earn points in the contest, and can earn in multiple tiers if they pick up some shells or plants, or get sidetracked with a bit of playing around.  We are here to find clues about Kaos, and for our characters to get to know one another a bit better! Rikyn will be replying again on March 5th. ]

Coding by Tamme - Image by Dingo

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
an undying dawn [PATROL/INFO GARNERING] - by Rikyn - 03-23-2017, 11:54 AM