the Rift

[OPEN] an undying dawn [PATROL/INFO GARNERING]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn

Noticing a few soldiers arrive over the crest of grass and sky with a smirk, I wonder how many of them Erebos knows to be here, or which of them truly is interested in learning about stealth, rather than getting in on sticking it to some asshole God. I wonder how many of them realize that the ability to get in and out without notice could benefit their soldierly skills – sure, not on the battlefield, but in the instance that they were sent in to quickly and quietly deal with a target, all the muscle in the world meant nothing. Getting to the target in the first place was the hard part, as well as getting back out without leaving too many clues you’d ever been there.

I recall the giggling one vaguely, and eye her with the same wary suspicion my mother had, on the last occasion I’d met her. Another inquiry about my brother’s motley collection rises to mind, watching her dance off down the shore, muttering to herself: Why that one? The others, at least, seemed to have good, reasonable use. Wessex was built like a tank, and the mare flying overhead seems to have enough cool confidence for six women, especially considering her age; both seemed sane, for the most part, also. But a blathering mad woman?

I am shaking my head with Imogen alights alongside me, and Roland closes in nearby. Glancing over at Albrecht (rolling, uselessly, in the dunes), I scowl, wondering why he bothered to come at all if he was just going to pass the time doing what might have been done alongside the lake. Giving anyone further instruction, however, would have to wait; the lady next to me, winged or not, has asked me a question, and it probably benefits me to make sure everyone is on the same page.

"Kisamoa appeared on this beach some time ago, and asked everyone for help in restoring the Spectral Marsh, at the behest of the Earth God. Any Helovian who knows of the Earth God, and his kindness, would believe this request, and most did. He gave no further instructions at that time, but appeared again a few weeks later, with a task," furrowing my brows, I recall these situations with clarity; frustrated with the Gods for having failed me, and my faith in them, I hadn’t dwelled on it too long then, but its me now, again, as it has so many times since, and makes my stomach roil (they weren’t looking out for us, after all, at least none but Her), "most of those who arrived to meet him went down into the sea, using some sort of weird plant to breathe. It was some ways down the beach. I will take you there, next, so you can see what the Moon Goddess made, when she discovered us all, still dripping from our adventure beneath the waves."

Its quite romantic, I might have flirted with someone else, steadily making my way towards the glass tunnel, just as I said I would; might have, because Imogen has wings, and something about her demeanor is off putting. She reminds me of my mother, and, while most people might consider that a complement, they were also not me.

"It was quiet for some while," I continue, "but then, again, Kisamoa asked Helovia for a favor. Any land touching the Marsh was scoured for bones and cleared of other refuse. The bones were delivered to Kisamoa."

I admit now, to myself, anyway, that we were all, well, idiots. Who wants giant piles of bones for anything good?

"He used the bones to create a monster, which protects an unbreakable Altar at the heart of the Marsh, and revealed himself as what he truly is," I pause, for dramatic effect, "Kaos, some unholy, reborn amalgamation of Beast Gods from another dimension. If he really is four Divines in one being…"

How many of us will die, this time?

Lifted from my thoughts of dying mares and weathered survivors, plucked from a realm Ming Yue had described as Hell, the song of the mermaid draws my attention, and I stop, gesturing to the others to do so as well. Watching her for a moment, my dark thoughts fall away for a more humorous one. Even if the mermaid doesn’t know anything interesting (or can’t even speak common – like I’ve ever met one of these things before), it’ll still be great to see the look on her face when she finds herself suddenly surrounded, and her stuff absconded with, right? Gesturing towards the maid and her treasures, I wink at my nearby comrades, and silently try to garner the attention of the others.

Mentally asking Duir to cloak us, he obliges, with a sigh; why not leave her alone? he asks, rather enjoying her singing.

Where’s the fun in that? I reply, with a mental laugh, slowly making my way towards her, and hopefully properly cloaked by Duir’s magic. Keeping my own magic close at mind, in case she does notice us, I plan to grab hold of her thoughts to keep her still until we’re all in place, at the very least.

Regardless, I make my way with silent steps closer and closer, attempting to slip around the front of her, to seemingly appear out of thin air before her very eyes (my ruthless smirk in place) once the others are in place, too.

[ Rikyn tiptoes around the front of the mermaid while using Duir’s companion ability to camouflage himself.

Get that snazzy comb and shell trumpet (it will need a companion with hands or an enchantment to play otherwise)! Anyone with a small item pass for either of these items is welcome to claim them for their personal inventory, but please only one per person to be fair. If everyone wants something (as there are only two mermaid items – unless you want her bra snorts) I’m sure I can work those in also. Just let me know via PM or Discord and I’ll come up with something next round for you.

Rikyn and the NPC will reply again on the 18th! ]

Coding by Tamme - Image by Dingo

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: an undying dawn [PATROL/INFO GARNERING] - by Rikyn - 04-05-2017, 09:41 AM