the Rift

[OPEN] an undying dawn [PATROL/INFO GARNERING]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

What if one of the warriors is there of her own accord, having very little regard for where she ought and ought not to be (Patrol just for Spies, her big ‘ol ass). Is it not better to hide in plain sight, gathering intel under the premise of being ‘just another soldier?’ It isn’t true, of course, but really, Rikyn puts too much emphasis on stealth instead of forging relationships and gathering information that way, or by being the big dumb one, blending in with the background, and listening without drawing attention to one’s self. Granted, by virtue of her horns, Wessex is always likely to draw attention. But if she keeps her head to the ground and acts a certain way, she’s more likely than not to find something of interest.

What doesn’t interest her is the mermaid. Wessex has no use for pretty things, unless she can gift them to Tiamat. Ah, on second thought…

While the cooling salt water ebbs and flows over her body, an odd Nimue-like sound floats through the air. She turns to look for the curious little Leviathan, but can see none - and it is such a flat place, that she should be able to see anything coming. Skipping over the mermaid once, she catches the oddity a second time around. Well, that’s different. If it weren’t for the movement of the creature’s arms, she’d think it an odd shaped, rocky or wooden outcrop purely by its color. A glance around tells her that others have noticed the mermaid as well, and so she turns back to the beach until wading in the surf is easier, and slogs towards the singing maiden.

She has no intention of stealing the mermaid’s baubles, hurting it, or otherwise becoming involved in  yet another unknown situation. She moves slowly, keeping an eye on her herdmates, but feeling no inclination to either intervene or pursue. Wessex already knows she can neither catch the fish-lady, nor sneak up on it. So why expend the energy?

W E S S E X

image credit

@Imogen
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
RE: an undying dawn [PATROL/INFO GARNERING] - by Wessex - 04-10-2017, 10:27 AM