the Rift

[OPEN] an undying dawn [PATROL/INFO GARNERING]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn
Only one of those who’ve come along for the fun manage to join me, before we are rudely interrupted by some sort of magical fluctuation.

Clenching my eyes shut at the sudden brightness, Duir’s startled into dropping his magical guard. Suddenly revealed, the blinded mermaid and I blink away the light to stare at each other for an awkward, split second. She’s surprised and wary, I’m embarrassed and mad at my dumb ass companion, and I can’t say I’ve ever looked into eyes so deep or knowing before, or experienced a super nova up close. It’s so distracting that I don’t have time to be amused as Weaver and her Raven both fly in to snatch the maiden’s things, and I don’t notice that the water has become dangerous, at least until Roland’s shout fills the air, breaking the magical reverie that is the stare the mermaid and I share.

Looking out over the sea, I see the fins, and my heart beats faster. Reaching out with my magic, hoping to stun one of the beasts as they veer towards Wessex and the sea-woman, I follow behind the thrust of my Spark magic with my body. Galloping to the shore, I join the chestnut man in his defensive line along the rise and fall of the frothy water.

While its all fun and games to take the woman’s things, I’m not about to let her get ripped apart by sharks, either – and these ones, well, their more fishy than usual. Most sea beasts didn’t arrive after magical bursts of light, after all.

"Be extra cautious while we fight them off," I tell my herd mates, making sure we’re all on the same page, "these definitely aren’t regular sharks."

I’d like to think the sheer number of figures on the beach would frighten them away, but I guess mermaid flesh is tastier than a unicorn can imagine. Angling my horn towards the water, watching the fins with narrowed eyes, I’ll happily rip whichever of them gets close enough to ribbons, if they decide to test our defensive line.

[ OOC: Operation steal the mermaid's stuff has suddenly become operation punch the sharks to death. :'D As we have been joined by an RE (how exciting!), and the primary objective has changed, I am going to draw for the head shot now, to eliminate complications.

Randomized list order of qualifying characters (exluding my own) was:
Weaver
Roland
Wessex

The winner is:
Wessex
Weaver
Roland

Congratulations @Wessex! I should have your drawing done soon. ]

Coding by Tamme - Image by Dingo

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: an undying dawn [PATROL/INFO GARNERING] - by Rikyn - 04-20-2017, 11:04 AM