the Rift

[OPEN] are you my mother?

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
you are not the only one
with truth like poison in their veins
The filly was thankful when Alysanne noted that she could get closer. Happily, the fiery child stepped closer, the flames along her back cascading with playful otters as she watched the interaction before her.  She nodded to Iona as she noticed the slight dip of her head in greeting, despite being so emotionally overloaded from this silly turn of events. A small smile began to form on Kiada’s lips, watching as the little osprey greedily took the meat away from Khairi. He hopped away briefly to retrieve the mouse he had murdered and brought it back to the gathering, pulling off little pieces and tossing it toward the bird before glancing toward Hemlock and offering him a guttural croon of “You can hang out too.

A small chuckle escaped Kiada’s lips as she listened, Alysanne mentioning that she’d get used to it. “I found Khairi a few months after I was born. I can’t imagine what my life would be like without him.” She mused, her gaze softening on the pale bird of prey as he helped out the chick and crooned for Hemlock’s company. “Did I upset him?” Khairi grumbled through the bond, eyeing the filly with his scarlet, piercing eyes before looking back to Hemlock, apologies strewn across his face.

Then, when Alysanne mentioned that Iona would have to name him, Kiada nodded quickly. Her action caused her white forelock to move out of her eyes as her dark head swung back to Iona. “It won't be hard picking one they'll like. They’ll let you know if they don't.” She added in, her voice slipping out as deep honey, coating her words as she reminisced how long it took her to figure out what to name her vulture; all the options she had come up with were despised greatly by the bird. Then, she shifted her weight, eyes slipping from the osprey chick to Iona on what the name might be.

"Talk."
who's ribs are shaped like cages—
holding tightly to the pain.
Kiada
image | coding

@Iona <33

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
are you my mother? - by Iona - 03-23-2017, 01:33 PM