the Rift

[OPEN] Are you particularly interested in plants? [Welcoming]

Yves Posts: 4
World's Edge Stallion
Stallion :: Equine :: 17 :: 5
Grace
Unaccustomed to being led, Yves nonetheless contentedly takes to following his fellow botany enthusiast. He is happy to leave the stilted conversation of the Threshold, and Lyanna proves to be a delightful guide. As they wander the woods, Yves finds himself enjoying not needing to pay attention to where he’s going; ignorance is a privilege he has rarely been afforded over the past year. After finding a suitable opportunity to discretely discard of the sourgrass, he feels even more at ease. The other stallions’ disappointed reactions are soon forgotten as he delves into the opportunity to nerd out about plants with an obvious expert, particularly one as alluring as the ombre-winged mare. “Plants are my specialty,” He confirms, his lilting French accent more apparent without a mouthful of cud. “Healers impress me,” He continues with a slyly complimentary smile, explaining, “My studies tend to be more academic than practical. Identification, growing conditions, things like that.” Yves had always gathered and grown the plants, dissecting and scrutinizing them for clues to their properties, while his best friend did most of the healing. This further explanation he keeps to himself.

Mist swirls lazily through the woods, as if even the fog has grown tired of this hot season. A dark iron gate provides passage to the place Yves deduces must be the World’s Edge; he quietly appraises the towering trees and familiar rocky soil, nodding his unspoken approval. As the wood thins out, the earthy smell of the forest intermingles with the salty and oddly nostalgic scent of the ocean. Even before they reach the view, Yves is profoundly content. Once they arrive at Lyanna’s chosen destination, though, he is stunned. Beyond the sheer white cliffs, the deep crystal blues of the sea – he can’t help but notice how parts of it very nearly match the mare’s accents – seem to go on forever. “It’s incredible,” He offers, keenly aware of the inadequacy of words for such a place. He stares quietly for some moments, his heart happy simply to share a moment with another soul. Finally breaking the silence, he faces Lyanna again and asks, “Have you always lived here?”
just pin your heartbeat up against my heartbeat;
you'll see how well we rhyme.

@Lyanna

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you particularly interested in plants? [Welcoming] - by Yves - 03-26-2017, 09:24 AM