the Rift

[OPEN] Dark Clouds

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

I slipped, stumbled even, as a single cream colored hoof clipped a stray, slick rock that littered the narrow path I was navigating. Dark rimmed ears flicked restlessly back and forth atop my dented and tarnished crown, listening carefully as the waves crashed against the rocky bridge. Growing mildly irritated as the larger waves crashed against my hocks making the path even more treacherous. The fact my moony eyes were sightless mattered not as I hesitated with each step, even the most sure footed creature with the eyesight of the gods would stumble along this path.

Why it was the one I chose to follow today was still a mystery.

Once again I had removed myself from the herd that had welcomed me with a warm embrace. Once again I found myself wandering through the lands of Helovia without a purpose, just me and the red bird of prey who wheeled overhead warning me of any larger obstacles that my other, heightened senses wouldn't catch on to. Even from here I could feel the irritation growing over our mental bond and I couldn't blame Edison for the way he was feeling. He had thought I was finally ready to settle down and call the Edge home. But it appeared otherwise. My thoughts flicked back to the night I had left, looking over my shoulder once as the full moon caused the broken glass wall to glitter and shine like something out of a fairy tale. At first my steps were slow, hesitant, as I thought of my brother and the pale, spotted ghost who had known my father so well. But it wasn't long before my stride had lengthened and the distance between myself and the Edge of the World grew significantly. Edison had been nestled happily in the tall branches of the pines that grew along the cliff side, once he realized I was further away than normal he had hunted me down without any problems other than some serious irritation with my wandering soul that he was involuntarily tied to.

A sigh of relief flicked over the mental frequency that he and I shared as I hit was I could only assume was the Vein of the Gods. I wasn't sure why I was here or what had even drew us here. Edison's whistle filled the air as he wheeled through the clear, blue sky before landing on my scarred withers. His talons digging into nerve damaged skin from our travels together, as he sent mental images of the dark clouds gathering over the horizon of the ocean. "Careful." He urged as I stepped closer to the ruined shrines, wondering if one of them would show me why I was here. Or if the gods had brought me here as some kind of joke to make me be social with some poor sap who needed guidance.

"" text
ROUX
couldn't say I love you,
so I became heartless

image credits
open for anyone
hope this isn't too shitty since I haven't posted in forever
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>