the Rift

[OPEN] Dark Clouds

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
It was sometime between his travels back from the Throat to the Edge that he made a detour via the Veins, deciding it had been a while since he had visited this part of the Wilds and it wasn't all that much out of his way. He could simply strike out west afterward and follow the coastline home. The Endless Blue was made a little more daunting of a place to visit given the proximity of it to what was the deadlands, but as long as he didn't venture too far south alone, he should be fine. Or, at least, that was what he had surmised for himself. Once he reached the land bridge and looked up at the rocky path that led to the shrines at the top, he let out a great sigh "I'd forgotten about that" he mourned. The two foxes, who were curled in the grove of his back, barely lifted their heads to survey their surroundings, wrinkling their noses at the smell of the volcano before returning back to sleep. It wasn't them who had to trek up the path anyway. 

The young Doctor soon began to make the ascent, grumbling in parts of it and flinching from the hot rocks in others. It was a spectacle to see, a volcano, though Sacre would have much rather it spewed lava a little further away from the path he was so laboriously trying to walk up. There was also the prospect of the approaching storm that made him ask questions of his own good sense. When eventually he found he was nearing what looked like the summit, relief flooding through his body, he soon found out he wasn't entirely alone in this silly trek. 

At first, the fox-boy didn't properly see him, his attention was instead on that of the older guy, one he faintly recognised, probably from a Threshold visit sometime, he had a python wrapped around his horn and hair underneath instead of on top. Whilst gathering his wits the fox-boy stumbled, perhaps close to bumping into the fellow, whose name he couldn't recall, only to remember he had a snake on his head and he jumped back startled. "Mother of Gods" he muttered, before dipping his head in apology and smiling gingerly "I'm sorry, its just snakes always set my teeth on edge" he admitted, eyeing the python with great uncertainty, all whilst remembering Toulouse and his friend. In his sudden movement, he had (quite unwisely) unseated two now rather disgruntled foxes, who had jumped to the ground, their beady gazes burning into Sacre, who was instead staring with his mouth agape at the other, strikingly familiar red stallion, present. 

"You" he choked, tears suddenly welling into his eyes, "you—where have you been?" he half demanded and half laughed in relief. Suddenly all those days he had spent looking for his twin came flooding back, the thoughts that he might never see him again, that something had happened to him and his arrow wasn't working anymore. Yet, here he was, having a normal conversation, next a volcano albeit, as if it had always been that easy to find him. Sacre didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "I've been looking for you everywhere" he sobbed, gazing into his twin's milky gaze with a stab of guilt—he had promised to help him fix those. 

After that he let the relief flood him and looked witheringly at the elderly fellow "you have no idea how hard it is to find this guy" he commented with exasperation, still laughing and crying.
Fox Boy

image credits

@Roux @Albrecht I'm sorry I had to D: <33

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Dark Clouds - by Roux - 03-24-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Dark Clouds - by Albrecht - 03-25-2017, 01:27 PM
RE: Dark Clouds - by Roux - 03-27-2017, 05:34 AM
RE: Dark Clouds - by Sacre - 03-27-2017, 08:43 AM