the Rift

[OPEN] lostmyhead

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix
When my gaze finally settles on her face, I can't tell what she's thinking and I'm not sure I want to with that expression she's got. Ears flattened, hard eyes, growing frown... oh, shit. She's pissed off, and I don't have the slightest clue as to why. Jeez, did I do something? Am I losing my touch?

But I don't give up that easily. I don't flatten the grin that's found its way onto my lips. Instead, I dance a few inches back in the frost (in case things turn violent, because with women you never can know) and let myself search her face. She's got this faraway look, and it's familiar somehow, and when she finally spits words - er, word - at me its quiet and angry and low all at once. "Why?" A word slung at me from behind whatever ropes were holding her down.

For the first time in my life, I don't know what to say. Her reaction wasn't what I had been expecting, but I take a few short moments to contemplate before tossing back some words of my own. "Why, dear?" I repeat behind a smile, rolling my leonine tail behind me. Now that I think about it, it is a good question. But the answer's simple: I'm b-o-r-e-d. There haven''t even been any vagabonds I could chitchat with. Well, I would be the one doing all the talking; vagabonds don't say much."Because you look rather sad to me. That and I needed a reason to come over here. This place is huge and eerily quiet and you're the first horse I've seen in daaays, let me tell you."

All the while, I keep that grin plastered on my face as I continue watching the girl. In the back of my thoughts, I wonder why she is here, in this frozen-over hell. I know why I am.

I'm thinking she might just be pissed that it's cold. Or maybe she doesn't like the way the frost feels against her hooves. But whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon. I lift my chin up a bit, ears twitching a little. "You can call me Rhodoc."
art © sky

@Skeyti
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

Messages In This Thread
lostmyhead - by Skeyti - 03-26-2017, 03:33 AM
RE: lostmyhead - by Rhodoc - 04-02-2017, 04:17 PM
RE: lostmyhead - by Skeyti - 04-14-2017, 10:50 PM
RE: lostmyhead - by Rhodoc - 04-19-2017, 09:43 PM