the Rift

A Horse Has Five Hearts

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
The humidity that came with the peak of Tallsun wasn't agreeing very well with Sacre, whose dark coat soaked up the rays much easier, causing him to sweat often and his spirits to drop a little. He sought shade under the canopy of forgiving trees whilst his foxes went in search for water; they were much better at keeping cool than he was. On this day, he lingered in the woodland of the Threshold, taking a relief filled gulp of a stream that might have been a bigger pool at some point before summer rolled in. His mind was elsewhere, however, as he went through the number of duties he had yet to do and suppressed an inner groan as part of him missed the days when he had been an outcast, beholden only to himself. Even those lonely days had moments in them he missed.

Inari and Ríona were camping out under his belly, lazing around in the shade it provided and laying on full bellies of their own, a gift from their earlier hunt. As always, one was more disgruntled than the other, this time it was Inari, who was wilting like a flower in the heat whilst Ríona almost seemed to bask in the suns glory. It was almost like they were back at the Throat again as the same complaints echoed in Sacre's head whilst they bickered amongst one another. When the colder months came their positions would swap and it would be Ríona doing the complaining. They did this every year and Sacre found that he was almost waiting for them to start the usual bickering. 

However, they did pause long enough to take note of something moving in the woodland, their ears swivelling in sudden alertness, whats that they echoed. Taking one last gulp of water, Sacre moved away from the stream and went in search of the noise that sounded like galloping hooves. It took him a while to find her, as he meandered through the forest, trying to find clues of someone passing here and there until finally he came across a dark mare grazing in the near distance.

The young Doctor approached carefully, not wanting to startle her away and stopped a fairly respectable distance away, his eyes glittering with great curiosity. "May I join you, Miss?" he asked rather tactfully, or so he thought, as he lowered his head and took a mouthful of grass, watching her closely for her reaction out of the corner of his gaze. From fear to anger to joy, Sacre had experienced some rather strange meetings in the Threshold and none of them he could've foreseen. The last few visits here hadn't been so bad, however, and he held a small hope that this one would be similar. 

"My name is Sacre, a Doctor of the Worlds Edge. Are you new here?" he began again after a few moments. His two fox friends were now sat near his forelegs, staring across with their beady eyes at the new girl they had never seen before, their tails twitching curiously. 
and I never minded being on my own
then something broke in me and I wanted to go home

image credits

<333 Hey :D Welcome to Helovia! Let me know if you have any questions! :D

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 03-26-2017, 11:17 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Sacre - 03-28-2017, 05:04 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Toulouse - 03-28-2017, 05:24 AM