the Rift

A Horse Has Five Hearts

Katissa Posts: 8
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 16.0 :: 4
Shamalar

Katissa

Someone was here. "May I join you, Miss?" Her head raised, and she turned her white face towards him, drinking in the sight of another. It had been a long time. He seemed courteous. He hadn't tried to sneak up on her and hadn't come full of testosterone and bravado, aggressive and rude. He had asked to join her. How rare for a stallion, she thought. Refreshing, though. Maybe it was different with unicorns. She had never met one before, maybe they were more. She looked him over curiously, wondering about this, and taking note of his coloration. Black, with a red horn, and was that...? It was! A red ear! Certainly unique! Her thoughts collided with each other and jammed to a halt at a few words:

"...Doctor of the Worlds Edge. Are you new here?"

A doctor? Her mother had been a healer. Her eyes lit up, and she took a few hesitant steps towards him.
"Hello, I'm..."

Her voice rasped a bit, and she cleared her throat before trying again.
"I'm Katissa. I just arrived. And you say you're a doctor? What is World's Edge? And is that a kitsune?!"

She slammed her mouth shut against the torrent of words. Goodness, she sounded like a scatterbrained filly. She was just so lonely. It had been months since she had seen anyone who wasn't openly hostile, much less spoken to them. She shook her head at her behavior, her mane swirling around her neck.
"I'm sorry. That was rude. Please, forgive me. I haven't been around... well, anyone in a while."

As she finished speaking, another form broke through the trees, calling as he came. This one seemed as different from Sacre as the Sun to the Moon. He was bigger, and golden hue with multiple horns atop his head. And a crown? Helovia certainly was different from what she was used to.

"Still licking your wounds old chap?"

Had the two fought? Why? She wondered, as her inquisitive mind was wont to do. Were they as polar opposite to one another as their appearance suggested? As if trying to answer the unspoken question, this male (for certainly he was a male, though his scent was unlike that of any stallion she had met) jostled Sacre, touching horns to him. This was behavior she was used to. Stallions had a tendency to puff and strut, especially around those they had any form of rivalry with. It was natural. Would Sacre's demeanor change now that this one was here? She hoped not, she liked his more gentle approach, even if it wasn't expected.

She felt the flashy male's eyes on her a moment later and caught a glimpse of their color. Green, but a green like she hadn't seen before. The tone of his next statement and the words themselves were slightly mocking, and her brow creased slightly. Mocking her? Or Sacre? Who was this guy? And then he was bowing and introducing himself. Toulouse. It was a very aristocratic name, matching what she could see about him so far, with the crown and the mannerisms. But... You shouldn't judge too quickly, she reminded herself, sternly. She inclined her head, loath to drop into a deep bow with strangers this close.
"I am Katissa, pleased to meet you, Toulouse. And no, I have never seen an... A-roar-ah."
She stumbled over the unfamiliar word.
"What is it?"

@Sacre
@Toulouse
OOC:Thanks :D No questions so far, but I am sure there will be one or two shortly. :D

Messages In This Thread
A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 03-26-2017, 11:17 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Sacre - 03-28-2017, 05:04 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Toulouse - 03-28-2017, 05:24 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 03-28-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Ampere - 03-31-2017, 08:58 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Sacre - 03-31-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Toulouse - 04-02-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 04-06-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Ampere - 04-08-2017, 11:29 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Sacre - 04-10-2017, 06:40 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 04-18-2017, 03:55 PM