the Rift

A Horse Has Five Hearts

Katissa Posts: 8
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 16.0 :: 4
Shamalar

Katissa

She had just asked her question when her attention was pulled away from the two males discussing the auroras, as interesting as it was. Another pegasus was walking towards them, although it was hard to call the regal movement walking, really. This new mare had an air of power that she seemed to wear as naturally as her coat and feathers, and Katissa felt herself dipping her head automatically in deference. She fought the urge to dip lower, still wary of these strangers, although they had shown no malice.
"Hello, Ampere. You did hear correctly, my name is Katissa. I am honored to make your acquaintance. And yes, I have traveled a very, very long time."
Her eyes got a far-off look, as she thought back on her travels, before shaking her head to dispell the memories and the nightmares.
"Thankfully, I have no injuries that would require healing. Simply the wear and tear of extended travel. I'll be fine in short order, I'm sure."
She heard mention of a snake, and her head whipped back towards the males. Her head was held high, and her nostrils flared. She had learned a healthy caution of snakes, though it wasn't quite a fear. she just appreciated knowing where they were that was all. She couldn't see it, but Toulouse said he was asleep. She blew out a puff of air, in a short snort. Good. She thought.I don't blame Sacre for being afraid, they aren't my favorite either.
Within short order, Sacre and Toulouse also extended offers of healers and respite as well.
"This is a bit overwhelming, I expected someone to find me, I mean, my father patrolled our borders. But I never expected... I never thought three herds would patrol the area."
She thought about each option. Ampere seemed kind, if authoritative, but she mentioned an oasis, and her home was called Dragon's Throat. Did that mean it was a desert? She had traveled through one briefly on her way here. It had not been her favorite part of the journey. The heat was tolerable during short time frames, but her ebony pelt seemed to focus the sun, and it grew scorching after a short time. She wasn't sure how Ampere handled it, but it wasn't an experience she wanted to repeat so soon. And Toulouse, he mentioned hot springs for heat, caves for shelter and aching bones. That coupled with the fact that he mentioned the north, made her thick of snow and cold. She felt a small shudder work through her body, started from her nose, and ending with a ripple of her tail. Yes her coat was black, and she would be warmer than some with the sunlight, but she with her breeding, she had fairly thin skinned. The cold was not her friend either. The offer from Sacre was the most appealing. Though she didn't know much about him, he had shown a pleasant demeanor so far. And he seemed sincere. And he's a healer, like Mama! Maybe... maybe he could teach me something more about that, someday Before she had begun her journey, she had just been a filly, and she had been more focused on playing, frolicking with the other foals. She hadn't paid much attention to her mother's work. She had thought she had more time. By the time she was ready to learn, they had already been well into their travels. Her mother knew fewer of the plants and herbs around them, and she had less time to pass on her knowledge. And then she had been gone. It was her heart's desire to learn the skills her mother hadn't had the chance to teach her. Besides that, his home sounded pleasant. Cliffs, and oceans. She didn't mind the changing of the seasons, she was sure she would experience that there. But it didn't sound as if it would be one extreme or another, all the time. It sounded like paradise after her journey.
"Thank you all for offering to take me to your homes. It means a lot... I haven't been part of a herd in a long time."
Her voice was slightly tremulous over the last few words, and she cleared her throat.
"I think that I would like to go with Sacre. His herdland sounds like it would suit me the best, although they all sound wonderful. As long as its not too much trouble, Sacre?"
She turned her blue eyes to Sacre, hoping his offer was true, and that she was making the right decision. She held her breath in anticipation of his answer.
OOC: Sorry for my own late post guys. Life went crazy, and I kinda got a cow, who needs to be bottle fed lol.
@Toulouse
@Ampere
@Sacre

Messages In This Thread
A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 03-26-2017, 11:17 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Sacre - 03-28-2017, 05:04 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Toulouse - 03-28-2017, 05:24 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 03-28-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Ampere - 03-31-2017, 08:58 AM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Sacre - 03-31-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Toulouse - 04-02-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: A Horse Has Five Hearts - by Katissa - 04-06-2017, 06:58 PM