the Rift

[PRIVATE] turn into something beautiful

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Tiamat’s reactions to his short story about how the Windtossed Foothills had turned into the Hidden Falls was certainly answer enough to his question about whether she had been in Helovia at the time. He cannot help but smile, a small and sweet smile, at how she echoed the most terrible of the words he had spoken - utter surprise and shock clear in her expression. Perhaps he shouldn’t have brought it up, if it would distress her to hear of those darker times. She shifted a little closer to him and, in response, he shifted his wing slightly - pushing it out from his body just enough to brush lightly against her side in a silent reassurance that, though they make speak of them, those times were in the past.

But, she was curious about those times as well - asking a few questions, and Mesec only wished that he had more answers for her. “I don’t know why… same reason why any of the strange and sometimes terrible things happen to Helovia - good and bad magic seems to be drawn to this place. But I think the sickness that infected the horses that became wraiths affected the lands as well - and maybe that’s why the mountains crumbled. I think that was when the marshes in the south died as well…” Of course, not something else was living in that land, though it still had looked as bleak as ever even after the work of so many Helovians to clean it up.

Mesec didn’t really want to worry about Kaos right at this second, however. “It seems to all be gone now, though.” He added, with an encouraging smile.

He got a little bit of Tiamat’s story as well - how she had been in Helovia years ago (he imagined she must have been quite young, as she did not look much older than him) and left, only to return again a few years ago. Her wistful sigh at the mention of the Basin warmed his silver eyes as he looked to her. “I’m a little jealous of how connected you are to the Basin. I’ve never felt like that towards any of the herds. I’ve lived in them all, at one point in my life, but they never really felt like home.” It was a fact that had troubled Mesec quite a lot in his past, though he tried to sound casual about it now.

Look at the stars,
look how they shine for you.
And everything you do.

image credits

@Tiamat  <3
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
turn into something beautiful - by Tiamat - 03-29-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: turn into something beautiful - by Mesec - 04-04-2017, 06:55 PM
RE: turn into something beautiful - by Tiamat - 04-18-2017, 01:12 AM
RE: turn into something beautiful - by Mesec - 04-23-2017, 12:54 PM