the Rift

[OPEN] lilac wine

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

Head floating as high as the shrouding canopy allowed, Toulouse pinned his dock firmly against his rump as he slunk under the over snaking vines and various plants. Boomslang, who by now had uncoiled and hung half-way down the thief's face was watching the jungle unfold with absolute delight; why couldn't they live here? It was so warm, so humid, perfect weather for snakes. Why Toulouse had chosen that horrid frozen abode over this green palace was quite beyond him.
Still the gelding assumed he was alone, the near-silent mare's footfalls remaining silent enough to fail his hearing as he pressed on, adapting a method of path-clearing as he went. Pinning a foreleg against the stone-like earth beneath, the stag would strike the vines and overhanging webs of greenery out of the way as if his own hoof were a mighty sword, eventually swiping and slashing his way to a reasonably spacious glade.

Turning upon his haunches to inspect his work, a maw twisted and filled to the brim with pride, toulouse was caught by the slumsy sound of a fall not too far behind him. Craning his crowned head to the left, the theif's eyes narrowed upon one of his travelling companions; one of two, the two he had instructed to stay and make camp. "I thought I told you to-" He stopped himself, the woman's inevitably sweet yet clueless expression was enoguh to remind him that she spoke hardly a word of the common tongue. But again, he stopped himself. There was no point in scolding her or telling her to return to her golden friend - she was here now.
Turning once again upon his hocks the gelding strode forth into the glade, eyes finding their way between each tree. Something was... off. This place; it tingled with an archaic energy, the daiaphanous kind that only those in-tune with it's magic might sense. The well was near.
BOOF!

Alas, without any time to begin his search the gelding was sent startled to the treeline, ears packed flat to his skull as the daring stag fumbled his way into the clearing and seemingly right into the unsuspecting doe. Watching her retaliate with a rather vicious kick, wings beating and wild eyes filled with ire, Toulouse was almost amused at the display rather than agitated. What a pair these two were.
"Is something the matter?" He murmured to the gilded stag, wondering why his urgency had brought him crashing right into the splashed darling. For the second time Toulouse's request had been ignored, though really he had never been put in command in the first place. For this reason, he saved them from any scolding, his cold eyes tracing them over. As long as they were healthy and able to keep walking there would be no issues.
"What are your names anyway?" he uttered out of curiosity, looking over the both of them, once again forgetting the smaller doe's language barrier.

Nares now turned over the garden of green, the gelding paced to the opposite side of the glade to what appeared ot be a stone shrouded in fern and moss, the cliffside and trees guarding what could only be a secure area of the plateau.
"Through here," He began, turning his gaze to face his followers "I think it's through here".

@noah  !!
<3 <3

UNSPLASH | DRKAV@DA l SPACE
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Messages In This Thread