the Rift

[OPEN] So we'll live and pray and sing [Spark]

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Spark

Always pleased with the reverence of his followers, but usually less amused with their delight in the gifts he imparts them with (so selfish, those mortals), the God is actually quite glad that Lena likes what he has made for her. Of all those who had come here to the shrine, begging a word with him, very few had ever put as much of their life in servitude to his name before he gave them things. It was refreshing to have someone who knew a thing or two about respect and loyalty summon him, for once, and he was happy to grant her a small favor in return for all she had done for the often foolish unicorns he had let live on his mountain.

Smiling at the Mender as she gives her gratitude, and her small fox friend cheerfully quips her excitement as the shield becomes hers to protect, the God feels the good mood that had begun to unexpectedly well in him suddenly fall away at the mention of that one. In all the ways he had seem less haggard, he suddenly was, the evidence of their search for a means to the end of Kaos clearly read. What good could a shield possibly do against him? The Spark almost doesn’t manage to not humorously scoff at that thought.

"It will protect you, and your friends," he decides to answer, sensing that in the healer’s heart there was a deep-set fear of the unknown future, and what perils it held, that would seek to strike at those she loved, and take them from her, "and a certain chestnut man, I’m sure, the same that you always have."

Wondering if she had anything else to ask or say, the God otherwise knows he must get back to the time stream, soon, no matter how much he’d rather just go on vacation alongside the lake, instead. Alas…

"Do you have further need of me, Time Mender?" he asks, "if not, I’ll be going back to deal with you-know-who now."

Image Credits | FOXX

Messages In This Thread
So we'll live and pray and sing [Spark] - by Lena - 04-01-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: So we'll live and pray and sing [Spark] - by God of the Spark - 04-15-2017, 11:48 AM