the Rift

[PRIVATE] time to cool down

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
The cool, crisp air was a welcome relief - she dawdled with her steps, sometimes just pausing to revel in the pleasantness of her current habitat, other times casually taking a bite of grass that was still sweet from the snowmelt and the ample sunlight encouraging its growth. Dramyrth crooned a soft song from his position in the sky above her, lazily twisting and turning as he dipped and rose on the air currents.

It took both of them a moment longer than usual to recognise that another was near enough to spot them, to feel inclined to approach them, and to actually make their way towards the draconic pair. By the time they registered what was happening, the colt was reaching out his maw to touch the dragonmare's golden hide. Her tiara curved around to view him properly; clearly he wasn't a threat to their safety, or else they would have surely reacted with viciousness, defensiveness.

He was a curious creature, a young boy of ivory and grullo, of stripes and feathers. His wings, she observed to her beloved, even as the colt's nose pressed against her. They was flawed, fused - Amaris could not see any way which the child would ever take to the skies, and she felt a great sense of sadness wash over her. He will never know, Dramyrth said, he will never know what it is he is missing, as if it was some kind of consolation. It's still sad, Amaris commented in return.

It was uncommon, but not entirely unheard of, for youths to look upon her with wonder instead of fear, to want to investigate what she was and to seek answers without concern for their own safety - it was both a curse and a blessing, for if the colt showed the same abandon for self-preservation to something as potentially dangerous as Amaris or Dramyrth could be. Still, the dragonmare welcomed his touch, his presence, and as the look of wonder overcame him when he beheld the great golden king, she could not help but laugh a soft, lilting, musical tone, as he then gallivanted about both of them.

Dramyrth, perhaps tempered by his bonded's emotional state, chose to fly about the colt in a playful manner, huffing soft breaths of frost to the air above so they could dance and frolic in a snowy slurry. It was then that Amaris noticed the icy footprints that followed him - he is gifted in other ways, she concluded, her mood lifting slightly.

He is not broken - it was cruel of me to think so, she said, admonishing herself for her own pre-judgement, when she was so oft the receiver of such things. "Hello," her soft voice intoned, as she made to follow in his icy footsteps, her posture encouraging him to dance onwards. Whoever he was, whoever he belonged to, she would follow him, and protect him, and ensure his innocence was preserved as long as possible.

For @Vynter and @Fenyx (feel free to jump in whenever you're able!) C:
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
time to cool down - by Amaris - 04-01-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: time to cool down - by Vynter - 04-06-2017, 12:33 AM
RE: time to cool down - by Amaris - 04-11-2017, 07:15 AM
RE: time to cool down - by Vynter - 04-11-2017, 10:17 PM
RE: time to cool down - by Amaris - 04-12-2017, 06:50 AM