the Rift

[OPEN] how far would you go?

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The other mares spoke, catching up on each others' lives, including Amaris in such a way that even though she was nothing more than an intruder, a stranger, she felt like she belonged, like she was a member of their exclusive club, like they genuinely meant it when they said she could stay, could partake, could interact and be involved without needless waves of guilt rising up within her. The gentle tug of the river's current against her wounds both promoted a gentle ache but a soothing numbing effect upon her skin - she could not hide the pleasure she felt as the itch of healing burns was alleviated. Dramyrth, feeling the sensations as if they were his own through the bond, settled upon her barely-visible withers and purred comfortingly, pleased his bonded's ailments were alleviated (however temporary).

The flow and ebb of the conversation was a constant hum, as bendy and unending as the river they all stood in. Golden eyes watched as the features of the two belles she stood with changed before her very eyes - it appeared water had curious effects on the appearances of the others; Amaris watched as the changing coats and appearances seemed to dance and move along to the same rhythm as the conversation. She listened to the mares' stories, to the tales of children being born, promotions, and - death.

Several thoughts, memories, stories of past occurrences swam through her mind. Her mother's voice narrated most of them; Amaris recalled it all in exquisite detail. 'Being a Queen and a mother is no easy task - there were times I never left the borders of the Edge with the aim of keeping my daughters safe. Of course, that never stopped you from leaving the borders.' And then, stories from before she was born, from the times when war ravaged the land came to her mind, of a stallion so feared, so powerful, it was hard to believe him merely a mortal man, for he carried death wherever he walked - to be near him was to feel one's life be drained away. 'The Reaper was aptly named, he left devastation and dust in his wake, he had the ability to take the very lifeforce from all souls who drew near him. And yet, to be that person, to wield that power, one must be strong of mind and temperament lest he become a monster consumed by it. Deimos has inspired an entire herd to follow him - I do not know the beast intimately, but if you see the way his herd reveres him - not from fear, but from loyalty, from love, you can surmise that quietly, he is not so different from you or I.'

And yet, Amaris had no direct memories of her own to contribute - she had been removed, time had literally slipped away from her, she had no personal accomplishments, no children, barely a rank - you are in a herd now, with your family, you are my bonded, you are a better mare than you were yesterday, Dramyrth contributed firmly, purring all the more determinedly upon her withers as he did so, attempting to steer her mental state back to the pleasant contentedness it was just minutes prior. "I am sorry for your loss(es)," she offered, knowing it would be useless to mention the passing of her mother (which, for her, was also half a year ago, but more than two years had passed for the rest of Helovia, who would surely have forgotten the DragonHeart).

"Oh," she said, as Tiamat enquires about her burns, "thank you. My cousin sealed out infection and closed the wounds with her magic, and Dramyrth helps ensure they stay clean. But I will keep your offer in mind!" The conversation soon turned to Rexanna arranging a visit north, and Amaris couldn't help but want to help, to assist, in any way she could, so she offered herself to them. "I'd be happy to assist you and your daughter on the journey if I can; I too would like to pay my respects to the fallen." She realised she had not offered much information about herself, that she was a perfect stranger to these mares, making plans to intrude even further upon their lives - they probably think I'm some kind of stalker, or informant, a spy seeking only information from them to use against them. "I recently re-joined the Edge; I was born there, but wandered away for some time.. What I mean to say is, if you'll have me, I'd like to help my new.. friends?" It was proffered with hope, with anticipation; it inspired anxiety to rise unexpectedly within her, for the dragonmare had not labelled other souls this title so swiftly before, but somehow, with these ladies, she felt it a safe bet, a gamble worth taking, where the winnings would be friendships to last a lifetime.

@Rexanna @Tiamat
WALL OF TEXT I'M SORRY
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
how far would you go? - by Rexanna - 04-02-2017, 12:33 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Amaris - 04-02-2017, 02:04 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Tiamat - 04-02-2017, 02:45 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Rexanna - 04-02-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: how far would you go? - by Amaris - 04-03-2017, 07:53 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Tiamat - 04-05-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: how far would you go? - by Rexanna - 04-06-2017, 06:51 PM
RE: how far would you go? - by Amaris - 04-08-2017, 06:07 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Tiamat - 05-06-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Rexanna - 05-26-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: how far would you go? - by Amaris - 05-28-2017, 12:49 AM